Price Differentiation and Menu Costs in Credit Card Payments
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Marcos Valli Jorge & Wilfredo Leiva Maldonado, 2016. "Price differentiation and menu costs in credit card payments," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 43(2), pages 178-202, May.
- Marcos Valli Jorge & Wilfredo Leiva Maldonado, 2013. "Price Differentiation and Menu Costs in Credit Card Payments," Working Papers Series 315, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
References listed on IDEAS
- Schuh, Scott & Stavins, Joanna, 2010.
"Why are (some) consumers (finally) writing fewer checks? The role of payment characteristics,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1745-1758, August.
- Scott Schuh & Joanna Stavins, 2009. "Why are (some) consumers (finally) writing fewer checks?: the role of payment characteristics," Working Papers 09-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Weiner Stuart E. & Wright Julian, 2005.
"Interchange Fees in Various Countries: Developments and Determinants,"
Review of Network Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 4(4), pages 1-34, December.
- Stuart E. Weiner & Julian Wright, 2005. "Interchange fees in various countries : developments and determinants," Proceedings – Payments System Research Conferences, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue May, pages 5-49.
- Stuart E. Weiner & Julian Wright, 2005. "Interchange fees in various countries: developments and determinants," Payments System Research Working Paper PSR WP 05-01, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 2002. "Payment Systems and Interchange Fees," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 103-122, June.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Wright, Julian, 2010. "Credit card interchange fees," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1788-1797, August.
- Wang, Zhu, 2010. "Market structure and payment card pricing: What drives the interchange?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 86-98, January.
- Rochet Jean-Charles & Tirole Jean, 2006.
"Externalities and Regulation in Card Payment Systems,"
Review of Network Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-14, March.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Tirole, 2006. "Externalities and Regulations in Card Payment Systems," Post-Print hal-00173720, HAL.
- Sujit Chakravorti & William R. Emmons, 2001. "Who pays for credit cards?," Occasional Paper; Emerging Payments EPS-2001-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Terri Bradford, 2008. "Developments in interchange fees in the United States and abroad," Payments System Research Briefing, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Apr.
- Wright, Julian, 2003. "Optimal card payment systems," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(4), pages 587-612, August.
- Gans Joshua S & King Stephen P, 2003. "The Neutrality of Interchange Fees in Payment Systems," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 3(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Rochet Jean-Charles, 2003. "The Theory of Interchange Fees: A Synthesis of Recent Contributions," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 2(2), pages 1-28, June.
- Chakravorti, Sujit & To, Ted, 2007. "A theory of credit cards," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 583-595, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Machado, Vicente da Gama & Portugal, Marcelo Savino, 2014.
"Measuring inflation persistence in Brazil using a multivariate model,"
Revista Brasileira de Economia - RBE,
FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil), vol. 68(2), June.
- Vicente da Gama Machado & Marcelo Savino Portugal, 2013. "Measuring Inflation Persistence in Brazil Using a Multivariate Model," Working Papers Series 331, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
More about this item
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-11-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2012-11-03 (Banking)
- NEP-COM-2012-11-03 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-IND-2012-11-03 (Industrial Organization)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:acb:cbeeco:2012-592. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feanuau.html .