Report NEP-SPO-2010-08-28This is the archive for NEP-SPO, a report on new working papers in the area of Sports & Economics. Joao Carlos Correia Leitao issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Berger, Johannes & Nieken, Petra, 2010. "Heterogeneous Contestants and Effort Provision in Tournaments - an Empirical Investigation with Professional Sports Data," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 325, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Stan Du Plessis & Wolfgang Maennig, 2010. "The 2010 World Cup High-Frequency Data Economics: Effects on International Awareness and (Self-Defeating) Tourism," Working Papers 037, Chair for Economic Policy, University of Hamburg.
- Papps, Kerry L., 2010. "Productivity under Large Pay Increases: Evidence from Professional Baseball," IZA Discussion Papers 5133, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Paul M. Sommers & Mark B. Whelan, 2010. "When is the Honeymoon Over for Baseball’s New Stadiums?," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 1032, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Paul M. Sommers & Alexandra A. Fox & Tucker P. Donahoe & John M. Yanchek, 2010. "Is There A Road-ice Advantage In NHL Shootouts?," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 1029, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Paul M. Sommers & Matthew H. LoRusso, 2010. "Babe: The Sultan of Pitching Stats," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 1030, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Paul M. Sommers & Alyssa A. Chong, 2010. "Are First-round NFL Draft Picks Better Than Second-round Picks?," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 1031, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.