Report NEP-POL-2021-04-26This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- José J. Bercoff & Osvaldo Meloni & Juan Manuel Tabuenca, 2020. "Unusual electoral systems and political hegemony. Evidence from the argentine subnational districts," Asociación Argentina de Economía Política: Working Papers 4375, Asociación Argentina de Economía Política.
- Bredtmann, Julia, 2020. "Immigration and electoral outcomes: Evidence from the 2015 refugee inflow to Germany," Ruhr Economic Papers 886, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Jorg L. Spenkuch & Edoardo Teso & Guo Xu, 2021. "Ideology and Performance in Public Organizations," NBER Working Papers 28673, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cantoni, Enrico & Gazzè, Ludovica & Schafer, Jerome, 2021. "Turnout in Concurrent Elections : Evidence from Two Quasi-Experiments in Italy," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1343, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Kubinec, Robert & Lee, Haillie Na-Kyung & Tomashevskiy, Andrey, 2021. "Why Corporate Political Connections Can Impede Investment," SocArXiv uks25, Center for Open Science.
- Gregori Galofre-Vila, 2021. "The Costs of Hyperinflation: Germany 1923," Documentos de Trabajo - Lan Gaiak Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra 2101, Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra.
- Alessandra Casella & Jeffrey Guo & Michelle Jiang, 2021. "Minority Turnout and Representation under Cumulative Voting. An Experiment," NBER Working Papers 28674, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barry Eichengreen & Orkun Saka & Cevat Giray Aksoy, 2021. "The Political Scar of Epidemics," CESifo Working Paper Series 9013, CESifo.
- Gulzar, Saad & Khan, Muhammad Yasir, 2021. ""Good Politicians'': Experimental Evidence on Motivations for Political Candidacy and Government Performance," SocArXiv z9d3f, Center for Open Science.
- Griffith, Alan & Noonen, Thomas, 2021. "Does Public Campaign Funding Crowd Out Private Donation Activity? Evidence from Seattle's Democracy Voucher Program," SocArXiv 9wtzs, Center for Open Science.
- Giovanni Peri & Daniel I. Rees & Brock Smith, 2021. "Terrorism and Political Attitudes: Evidence from European Social Surveys," NBER Working Papers 28662, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nika Haghtalab & Nicole Immorlica & Brendan Lucier & Markus Mobius & Divyarthi Mohan, 2021. "Persuading with Anecdotes," NBER Working Papers 28661, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Szakonyi, 2020. "Candidate Filtering: The Strategic Use of Electoral Fraud in Russia," Working Papers 2020-23, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Anna Bogomolnaia & Ron Holzman & Hervé Moulin, 2021. "Worst Case in Voting and Bargaining," Post-Print halshs-03196999, HAL.
- Andreas Kleiner & Benny Moldovanu, 2021. "Voting Agendas and Preferences on Trees: Theory and Practice," CRC TR 224 Discussion Paper Series crctr224_2021_289, University of Bonn and University of Mannheim, Germany.