Report NEP-POL-2019-07-29This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Julien Grandjean, 2019. "Gordon Tullock on Majority Voting: the Making of a Conviction," Working Papers of BETA 2019-28, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Pau Balart & Agustin Casas & Orestis Troumpounis, 2019. "Technological change, campaign spending and polarization," Working Papers 269238020, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Mross, Karina, 2019. "Democracy support and peaceful democratisation after civil war," Briefing Papers 7/2019, German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE).
- Pogorelskiy, Kirill & Shum, Matthew, 2019. "News We Like to Share: How News Sharing on Social Networks Influences Voting Outcomes," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 427, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Francesco De Sinopoli & Claudia Meroni, 2019. "Poisson voting games: proportional rule," Working Papers 11/2019, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Hulse, Merran, 2018. "Cultural values, popular attitudes and democracy promotion: how values mediate the effectiveness of donor support for term limits and LGBT+ rights in Uganda," Discussion Papers 26/2018, German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE).
- Ambrocio, Gene & Hasan, Iftekhar, 2019. "Friends for the benefits: The effects of political ties on sovereign borrowing conditions," Research Discussion Papers 13/2019, Bank of Finland.
- Salvador Barberà & Walter Bossert & Kotaro Suzumura, 2019. "Daunou’s Voting Rule and the Lexicographic Assignment of Priorities," Working Papers 1107, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Lars Sorge & Anne Neumann & Christian von Hirschhausen & Ben Wealer, 2019. "Nuclear Power, Democracy, Development, and Nuclear Warheads: Determinants for Introducing Nuclear Power," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1811, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Marschall, Paul & Klingebiel, Stephan, 2019. "Populism: consequences for global sustainable development," Briefing Papers 8/2019, German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE).
- Didier Laussel & Ngo Van Long, 2019. "Tying the Politicians’ Hands: The Optimal Limits to Representative Democracy," CIRANO Working Papers 2019s-14, CIRANO.
- Alberto Batinti & Joan Costa-i-Font & Timothy J. Hatton, 2019. "Voting Up? The Effects of Democracy and Franchise Extension on Human Stature," CESifo Working Paper Series 7701, CESifo Group Munich.
- Uchida, Yuki & Ono, Tetsuo, 2019. "Political Economy of Taxation, Debt Ceilings, and Growth," MPRA Paper 95134, University Library of Munich, Germany.