Report NEP-POL-2018-09-24This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
Subscribe to this report: email or RSS.
Other reports in NEP-POL
The following items were announced in this report:
- Seror, Avner & Verdier, Thierry, 2018. "Multi-candidate Political Competition and the Industrial Organization of Politics," CEPR Discussion Papers 13121, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Simone Moriconi & Giowanni Peri & Riccardo Turati, 2018. "Skill of the Immigrants and Vote of the Natives: Immigration and Nationalism in European Elections 2007-2016," Working Papers 2018-EQM-02, IESEG School of Management.
- Gianmarco Daniele & Amedeo Piolatto & Willem Sas, 2018. "Who Sent You? Strategic Voting, Transfers and Bailouts in a Federation," Working Papers. Serie AD 2018-05, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Eitan Sapiro-Gheiler, 2018. ""Read My Lips": Using Automatic Text Analysis to Classify Politicians by Party and Ideology," Papers 1809.00741, arXiv.org.
- Laurent Bouton & Micael Castanheira & Allan Drazen, 2018. "A Theory of Small Campaign Contributions," Working Papers gueconwpa~18-18-05, Georgetown University, Department of Economics.
- Anja Prummer, 2016. "Spatial Advertisement in Political Campaigns," Working Papers 805, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Anna Maria Mayda & Giovanni Peri & Walter Steingress, 2018. "The Political Impact of Immigration: Evidence from the United States," Working Papers gueconwpa~18-18-09, Georgetown University, Department of Economics.
- Becher, Michael, 2018. "Dissolution Power, Confidence Votes, and Policymaking in Parliamentary Democracies," TSE Working Papers 18-945, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Vincent Anesi & T Renee Bowen, 2018. "Policy Experimentation, Redistribution and Voting Rules," Discussion Papers 2018-09, The Centre for Decision Research and Experimental Economics, School of Economics, University of Nottingham.
- Manuel Hidalgo-Pérez & José Luis Ferreira & Carmen Rubio-Castaño, 2018. "The Democrat-Republican growth gap paradox," Working Papers 18.10, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Economics.
- Pástor, Luboš & Veronesi, Pietro, 2018. "Inequality Aversion, Populism, and the Backlash Against Globalization," CEPR Discussion Papers 13107, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Thomas Groll & Anja Prummer, 2016. "Whom to Lobby? Targeting in Political Networks," Working Papers 808, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Chevalier, Arnaud & Elsner, Benjamin & Lichter, Andreas & Pestel, Nico, 2018. "Immigrant Voters, Taxation and the Size of the Welfare State," IZA Discussion Papers 11725, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Orkoh, Emmanuel & Claassen, Carike & Blaauw, Phillip Frederick, 2017. "Corruption, political stability and illicit financial outflows in Sub-Saharan Africa," MPRA Paper 89044, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anusha Nath, 2018. "Bureaucrats and Politicians: Electoral Competition and Dynamic Incentives," 2018 Meeting Papers 896, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Anna Maria Mayda & Rodney D. Ludema & Miaojie Yu & Zhi Yu, 2018. "The political economy of protection in GVCs: Evidence from Chinese micro data," Working Papers gueconwpa~18-18-07, Georgetown University, Department of Economics.
- Boxell, Levi, 2018. "Slanted images: Measuring nonverbal media bias," MPRA Paper 89047, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Francisco Javier Braña Pino & José Molero Zayas, 2017. "Proyecto Jean Monnet. La Unión Europea y la seguridad: defensa de los espacios e intereses comunes," Occasional papers del Instituto Complutense de Estudios Internacionales 02, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Instituto Complutense de Estudios Internacionales.
- Algan, Yann & Beasley, Elizabeth & Cohen, Daniel & Foucault, Martial, 2018. "The rise of populism and the collapse of the left-right paradigm: Lessons from the 2017 French presidential election," CEPR Discussion Papers 13103, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Adlai Newson & Francesco Trebbi, 2018. "Authoritarian Elites," NBER Working Papers 24966, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Donato Masciandaro & Davide Romelli, 2018. "To Be or not to Be a Euro Country? The Behavioural Political Economics of Currency Unions," BAFFI CAREFIN Working Papers 1883, BAFFI CAREFIN, Centre for Applied Research on International Markets Banking Finance and Regulation, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Rose, Andrew K, 2018. "Agent Orange: Trump, Soft Power, and Exports," CEPR Discussion Papers 13139, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Clemens, Jeffrey & Hobbs, Duncan & Strain, Michael R., 2018. "A Database on the Passage and Enactment of Recent State Minimum Wage Increases," IZA Discussion Papers 11748, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Vincent Anesi, 2018. "Dynamic Legislative Policy Making under Adverse Selection," Discussion Papers 2018-08, The Centre for Decision Research and Experimental Economics, School of Economics, University of Nottingham.