Report NEP-POL-2016-07-09This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Yannis Psycharis & Vassilis Tselios, 2016. "Liberals, Socialists, and pork-barrel politics in Greece," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1615, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Jun 2016.
- Kotakorpi, Kaisa & Poutvaara, Panu & Terviö, Marko, 2016. "Returns to Office in National and Local Politics," IZA Discussion Papers 10003, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Poy, Samuele & Schüller, Simone, 2016. "Internet and Voting in the Web 2.0 Era: Evidence from a Local Broadband Policy," IZA Discussion Papers 9991, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Kosuke Imai & Gary King & Carlos Velasco Rivera, 2016. "Do Nonpartisan Programmatic Policies Have Partisan Electoral Effects? Evidence from Two Large Scale Randomized Experiments," Working Paper 366526, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Sajons, Christoph, 2016. "Information on the ballot, voter satisfaction and election turnout," Freiburg Discussion Papers on Constitutional Economics 16/05, Walter Eucken Institut e.V..
- Battaglini, Marco & Nunnari, Salvatore & Palfrey, Thomas R, 2016. "The Political Economy of Public Debt: A Laboratory Study," CEPR Discussion Papers 11357, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- De Luca, Giacomo & Hodler, Roland & Raschky, Paul A. & Valsecchi, Michele, 2016. "Ethnic Favoritism: An Axiom of Politics?," CEPR Discussion Papers 11351, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dey, Subhasish & Sen, Kunal, 2016. "Is Partisan Alignment Electorally Rewarding? Evidence from Village Council Elections in India," IZA Discussion Papers 9994, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Helios Herrera & Aniol Llorente-Saguer & Joseph C. McMurray, 2016. "The Marginal Voter's Curse," Working Papers 798, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Michael Pollard & Joshua Mendelsohn, 2016. "Methodology of the RAND 2016 Presidential Election Panel Survey (PEPS)," Working Papers 1136, RAND Corporation.
- Sekeris, Petros & Vasilakis, Chrysovalantis, 2016. "The Mediterranean Refugees Crisis and Extreme Right Parties: Evidence from Greece," MPRA Paper 72222, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Simplice Asongu & Jacinta C. Nwachukwu, 2016. "Is the Threat of Foreign Aid Withdrawal an Effective Deterrent to Political Oppression? Evidence from 53 African Countries," Working Papers of the African Governance and Development Institute. 16/020, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Brinkman, Jeffrey & Coen-Pirani, Daniele & Sieg, Holger, 2016. "The Political Economy of Underfunded Municipal Pension," Working Papers 16-16, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Jerg Gutmann & Matthias Neuenkirch & Florian Neumeier, 2016. "Precision-Guided or Blunt? The Effects of US Economic Sanctions on Human Rights," Research Papers in Economics 2016-09, University of Trier, Department of Economics.
- Fischer, Carolyn, 2016. "Environmental Protection for Sale: Strategic Green Industrial Policy and Climate Finance," Discussion Papers dp-16-13, Resources For the Future.
- Sengupta, Bodhisattva, 2016. "Endogenous Leadership in a Federal Transfer Game," MPRA Paper 71882, University Library of Munich, Germany.