Report NEP-POL-2016-05-21This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Mitchell Hoffman & Gianmarco León & María Lombardi, 2016. "Compulsory Voting, Turnout, and Government Spending: Evidence from Austria," NBER Working Papers 22221, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ronayne, David, 2016. "Extreme Idealism and Equilibrium in the Hotelling-Downs Model of Political Competition," CRETA Online Discussion Paper Series 21, Centre for Research in Economic Theory and its Applications CRETA.
- Fafchamps, Marcel, 2016. "Family Networks and Distributive Politics," CEPR Discussion Papers 11245, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Yi Che & Yi Lu & Justin R. Pierce & Peter K. Schott & Zhigang Tao, 2016. "Does Trade Liberalization with China Influence U.S. Elections?," NBER Working Papers 22178, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gillanders, Robert & Neselevska, Olga, 2016. "Public Sector Corruption and Trust in the Private Sector," MPRA Paper 71020, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anna A. Dekalchuk & Aleksandra Khokhlova & Dmitriy Skougarevskiy, 2016. "National or European Politicians? Gauging MEPs Polarity When Russia is Concerned," HSE Working papers WP BRP 35/PS/2016, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Hannes Mueller & Agustin Tapsoba, 2016. "Access to Power, Political Institutions and Ethnic Favoritism," Working Papers 901, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Facchini, Giovanni & Frattini, Tommaso & Signorotto, Cora, 2016. "Mind what your voters read: Media exposure and international economic policy making," CEPR Discussion Papers 11282, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Becchetti, Leonardo & Salustri, Francesco, 2016. "The political economy of the vote with the wallet," AICCON Working Papers 146-2016, Associazione Italiana per la Cultura della Cooperazione e del Non Profit.
- Wadho, Waqar Ahmed & Ayaz, Umair, 2015. "Rent-seeking, Government Size and Economic Growth," MPRA Paper 71213, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Youngsuk Yook & Jeffrey R. Gerlach, 2016. "Political Conflict and Foreign Portfolio Investment : Evidence from North Korean Attacks," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2016-037, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Vitor Castro, 2016. "Shades of red and blue: Political ideology and sustainable development," Proceedings of International Academic Conferences 3606234, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Darren Grant, 2016. "The Ballot Order Effect is Huge: Evidence from Texas," Working Papers 1606, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
- Gustafsson, Anders & Stephan, Andreas & karlson, Nils & Hallman, Alice, 2016. "The "Sugar Rush" from Innovation Subsidies. A Robust Political Economy Perspective," Ratio Working Papers 270, The Ratio Institute.
- Francois, Joseph, 2014. "Political support for trade policy in the European Union," Papers 889, World Trade Institute.
- Fischer, Carolyn, 2016. "Environmental Protection for Sale: Strategic Green Industrial Policy and Climate Finance," MITP: Mitigation, Innovation and Transformation Pathways 234935, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).