Report NEP-POL-2016-01-03This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Mayda, Anna Maria & Peri, Giovanni & Steingress, Walter, 2015. "Immigration to the U.S.: A Problem for the Republicans or the Democrats?," IZA Discussion Papers 9543, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel & José Carlos Tello, 2014. "The Political Economy of Growth, Inequality, the Size and Composition of Government Spending," Documentos de Trabajo 453, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Mayda, Anna Maria & Peri, Giovanni & Steingress, Walter, 2015. "Immigration to the U.S.: A problem for the Republicans or the Democrats?," CEPR Discussion Papers 11001, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gavazza, Alessandro & Nardotto, Mattia & Valletti, Tommaso, 2015. "Internet and Politics: Evidence from U.K. Local Elections and Local Government Policies," CEPR Discussion Papers 10991, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gianmarco Daniele & Benny Geys, 2015. "Exposing politicians’ ties to criminal organizations: the effects of local government dissolutions on electoral outcomes in southern Italian municipalities," Working Papers 2015/41, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Askitas, Nikos, 2015. "Calling the Greek Referendum on the Nose with Google Trends," IZA Discussion Papers 9569, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gianmarco Daniele, 2015. "Strike one to educate one hundred: organized crime, political selection and politicians’ ability," Working Papers 2015/37, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Sriparna Ghosh & Joshua C. Hall, 2015. "The Political Economy of Soda Taxation," Working Papers 15-50, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Raphael Bruce & Rafael Costa Lima, 2015. "Compulsory Voting and TV News Consumption," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2015_48, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP), revised 12 Jun 2017.
- Jean-Francois Maystadt & Muhammad Kabir Salihu, 2015. "National or political cake?," Working Papers 100756558, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Askitas, Nikos, 2015. "Predicting the Irish "Gay Marriage" Referendum," IZA Discussion Papers 9570, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Feld, Lars P. & Fritz, Benedikt, 2015. "The political economy of municipal amalgamation: Evidence of common pool effects and local public debt," Freiburg Discussion Papers on Constitutional Economics 15/10, Walter Eucken Institut e.V..
- Blaise Gnimassoun & Joseph Keneck, 2015. "Determinants of corruption: Can we put all countries in the same basket?," Working Papers of BETA 2015-31, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Luis Miller & Maria Montero & Christoph Vanberg, 2015. "Legislative Bargaining with Heterogeneous Disagreement Values: Theory and Experiments," Discussion Papers 2015-24, The Centre for Decision Research and Experimental Economics, School of Economics, University of Nottingham.
- Emara, Noha & Chiu, I-Ming, 2015. "The Impact of Governance on Economic Growth: The case of Middle Eastern and North African Countries," MPRA Paper 68603, University Library of Munich, Germany.