Report NEP-POL-2013-07-28This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Bernecker, Andreas, 2013. "Do Politicians Shirk when Reelection Is Certain? Evidence from the German Parliament," Working Papers 13-09, University of Mannheim, Department of Economics.
- Unal Tongur & Sara Hsu & Adem Yavuz Elveren, 2013. "Military Expenditures and Political Regimes: An Analysis Using Global Data, 1963-2001," ERC Working Papers 1307, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Jul 2013.
- Pietro Ortoleva & Erik Snowberg, 2013. "Overconfidence in Political Behavior," NBER Working Papers 19250, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Claire Wright & Ana Soliz Landivar, 2013. "From Military Instruments of Dictatorship to Political Instruments of Democracy: Regimes of Exception in Bolivia 2000?2010," GIGA Working Paper Series 218, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Konstanin Yanovsky & Sergey Zhavoronkov & Daniel Shestakov, 2013. "Risks, responsibility and public respect: Cases of entrepreneurs elected in the USA and in Russia," Published Papers 142, Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy, revised 2013.
- Patrick Lunz, 2013. "What's left of the left? Partisanship and the political economy of labour market reform: why has the social democratic party in Germany liberalised labour markets?," Europe in Question Discussion Paper Series of the London School of Economics (LEQs) 5, London School of Economics / European Institute.
- Konstanin Yanovsky & Sergey Zhavoronkov & Sergey Shulgin & Ilia Zatcovetzky, 2013. "Rebuilding The Democracy Of The Taxpayer," Published Papers 140, Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy, revised 2013.
- Shanker Satyanath & Nico Voigtländer & Hans-Joachim Voth, 2013. "Bowling for Fascism: Social Capital and the Rise of the Nazi Party in Weimar Germany, 1919-33," Working Papers 703, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Agnese Sacchi & Aline Pennisi, 2013. "Is direct democracy a problem or a promise for fiscal outcomes? The case of the United States," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0178, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Daniel Atzori, 2013. "The Political Economy of Oil and the Crisis of the Arab State System," Working Papers 2013.61, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Item repec:thk:rnotes:30 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Jan Fidrmuc, 2013. "Political Economy of Fiscal Unions," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 13-06, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Fukunishi, Takahiro, 2013. "Political crisis and suspension of duty-free access in Madagascar : assessment of impacts on the garment industry," IDE Discussion Papers 422, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).