Report NEP-POL-2012-08-23This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Tom Vogl, 2012. "Race and the Politics of Close Elections," NBER Working Papers 18320, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grégoire ROTA-GRAZIOSI & Clémence VERGNE & Blanca MORENO DODSON, 2012. "Breaking the wave of democracy: The effect of foreign aid on the incumbent’s re-election probability," Working Papers 201231, CERDI.
- Martin Halla & Alexander F. Wagner & Josef Zweimüller, 2012. "Immigration and voting for the extreme right," ECON - Working Papers 083, Department of Economics - University of Zurich, revised Oct 2013.
- Francesco Nicolli & Francesco Vona, 2012. "The Evolution of Renewable Energy Policy in OECD Countries: Aggregate Indicators and Determinants," Working Papers 2012.51, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Bertocchi, Graziella & Dimico, Arcangelo, 2012. "De Jure and De Facto Determinants of Power: Evidence from Mississippi," IZA Discussion Papers 6741, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- van Jaarsveldt, Leon, 2012. "Political engagement and government informing seeking: Increasing role of social media and mobile devices," 23rd European Regional ITS Conference, Vienna 2012 60356, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- David Stadelmann & Benno Torgler, 2012. "Bounded Rationality and Voting Decisions Exploring a 160-year Period," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 287, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Andreas Kuhn, 2012. "Redistributive Preferences, Redistribution and Inequality: Evidence from a Panel of OECD Countries," NRN working papers 2012-08, The Austrian Center for Labor Economics and the Analysis of the Welfare State, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Rebecca B. Morton & Marco Piovesan & Jean-Robert Tyran, 2012. "The Dark Side of the Vote: Biased Voters, Social Information, and Information Aggregation Through Majority Voting," Harvard Business School Working Papers 13-017, Harvard Business School.
- Kuloglu, Ayhan & Lobont, Oana-Ramona & Topcu, Mert, 2012. "A question of causality between political corruption, economic freedom and economic growth in Europe," MPRA Paper 40365, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Leopoldo Fergusson & James A. Robinson & Ragnar Torvik & Juan F. Vargas, 2012. "The Need for Enemies," NBER Working Papers 18313, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roman Horváth & Kateřina Šmídková & Jan Zápal, 2012. "Central Banks' Voting Records and Future Policy," Working Papers 316, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).