Report NEP-POL-2012-06-13This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Roland Hodler & Simon Luechinger & Alois Stutzer, 2012. "The Effects of Voting Costs on the Democratic Process and Public Finances," Working papers 2012/02, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Nathan Foley-Fisher, 2012. "The timing of sovereign defaults over electoral terms," International Finance Discussion Papers 1047, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Campante, Filipe R. & Do, Quoc-Anh, 2012. "Isolated Capital Cities, Accountability and Corruption: Evidence from US States," Working Paper Series rwp12-016, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Thomas Braendle, 2012. "Determinants of Employment in the Ministerial Bureaucracy," Working papers 2012/01, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Marco Faravelli & Santiago Sanchez-Pages, 2012. "(Donâ€™t) Make My Vote Count," Discussion Papers Series 464, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Stuart Soroka & Stephen McAdams, 2012. "News, Politics, and Negativity," CIRANO Working Papers 2012s-14, CIRANO.
- César Calderón & Roberto Duncan & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel, 2012. "Do Good Institutions Promote Counter-Cyclical Macroeconomic Policies?," Documentos de Trabajo 419, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Fernando Borraz & Alberto Cavallo & Roberto Rigobon & Leandro Zipitría, 2012. "Distance and Political Boundaries: Estimating Border Effects under Inequality Constraints," NBER Working Papers 18122, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paola Giuliano & Prachi Mishra & Antonio Spilimbergo, 2012. "Democracy and Reforms: Evidence from a New Dataset," NBER Working Papers 18117, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Enrico Spolaore, 2012. "The Economics of Political Borders," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0767, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Juan Botero & Alejandro Ponce & Andrei Shleifer, 2012. "Education and the Quality of Government," NBER Working Papers 18119, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Estrada, Fernando, 2012. "Brief note about the dilemmas of public election," MPRA Paper 39181, University Library of Munich, Germany.