Report NEP-POL-2010-12-11This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Roland Hodler, 2010. "Compulsory Voting and Public Finance," Working Papers 10.04, Swiss National Bank, Study Center Gerzensee.
- Alessandra Bonfiglioli & Gino Gancia, 2010. "The political cost of reforms (preliminar version of working paper number 1360: Uncertainty, electoral incentives and political myopia)," Economics Working Papers 1250, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jun 2011.
- Großer, Jens & Reuben, Ernesto & Tymula, Agnieszka, 2010. "Tacit Lobbying Agreements: An Experimental Study," IZA Discussion Papers 5332, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dmitriy Vorobyev, 2010. "Growth of Electoral Fraud in Non-Democracies: The Role of Uncertainty," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp420, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Sebastian Elischer, 2010. "Measuring and Comparing Party Ideology in Nonindustrialized Societies: Taking Party Manifesto Research to Africa," GIGA Working Paper Series 139, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Gil S. Epstein & Ira N. Gang, 2010. "A Political Economy of the Immigrant Assimilation: Internal Dynamics," Development Working Papers 295, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Giovanni Facchini & Max Steinhardt, 2010. "What drives US Immigration Policy? Evidence from Congressional Roll Call Votes," Development Working Papers 294, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Oguro, Kazumasa & Shimasawa, Manabu & Aoki, Reiko & Oshio, Takashi, 2010. "Demographic Change, Intergenerational Altruism, and Fiscal Policy : A Political Economy Approach," PIE/CIS Discussion Paper 493, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Michelle R. Garfinkel, 2010. "Political Institutions and War Initiation: The Democratic Peace Hypothesis Revisited," Working Papers 101107, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- Gero Erdmann, 2010. "Lessons to Be Learned: Political Party Research and Political Party Assistance," GIGA Working Paper Series 149, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Tom Winsor, 2010. "Effective Regulatory Institutions: The Regulator's Role in the Policy Process, Including Issues of Regulatory Independence," OECD/ITF Joint Transport Research Centre Discussion Papers 2010/21, OECD Publishing.
- Osterloh, Steffen, 2010. "Words speak louder than actions: The impact of politics on economic performance," ZEW Discussion Papers 10-092, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Gurses, Kerem & Ozcan, Pinar, 2010. "Social movements, political battles, and new market emergence in pay television," IESE Research Papers D/881, IESE Business School.
- Fredriksson, Anders, 2010. "Bureaucracy intermediaries, corruption and red tape," SITE Working Paper Series 10, Stockholm Institute of Transition Economics, Stockholm School of Economics.