Report NEP-POL-2008-11-11This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Item repec:ctl:louvco:2008035 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Atif Mian & Amir Sufi & Francesco Trebbi, 2008. "The Political Economy of the U.S. Mortgage Default Crisis," NBER Working Papers 14468, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Milanovic, Branko & Hoff, Karla & Horowitz, Shale, 2008. "Political alternation as a restraint on investing in influence : evidence from the post-communist transition," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4747, The World Bank.
- Giuseppe Russo, 2008. "Voting over Selective Immigration Policies with Immigration Aversion," EERI Research Paper Series EERI_RP_2008_14, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Rainald Borck & Katharina Wrohlich, 2008. "Preferences for Childcare Policies: Theory and Evidence," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 140, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Rotte, Ralph & Steininger, Martin, 2008. "Crime, Unemployment, and Xenophobia? An Ecological Analysis of Right-Wing Election Results in Hamburg, 1986−2005," IZA Discussion Papers 3779, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Matthias Wrede, 2008. "Voting for mobile citizens," MAGKS Papers on Economics 200817, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Berdugo, Binyamin, 2008. "What It Takes to Be a Leader: Leadership and Charisma in a Citizen-Candidate Model," MPRA Paper 11408, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rebecca Morton & Jean-Robert Tyran, 2008. "Let the Experts Decide? Asymmetric Information, Abstention, and Coordination in Standing Committees," Discussion Papers 08-25, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- James Roumasset, 2008. "The Political Economy of Corruption: A Philippine Illustrationa," Working Papers 200805, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Martin Hering, 2008. "Grand Coalitions for Unpopular Reforms: Building a Cross-Party Consensus to Raise the Retirement Age," Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population Research Papers 233, McMaster University.
- Bruno S. Frey & Benno Torgler, 2008. "Politicians: Be Killed or Survive," IEW - Working Papers 391, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.