Report NEP-POL-2008-02-09This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- John E. Roemer, 2008. "A Positive Theory of Income Taxation Where Politicians Focus upon Swing and Core Voters," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1637, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Facundo Albornoz & Sebastian Galiani & Daniel Heymann, 2008. "Investment and Expropriation under Oligarchy and Democracy in a Heckscher-Ohlin World," Discussion Papers 08-02, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Item repec:iss:wpaper:450 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Zheng Song & Kjetil Storesletten & Fabrizio Zilibotti, 2007. "Rotten parents and disciplined children: a politico-economic theory of public expenditure and debt," IEW - Working Papers 325, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Item repec:clu:wpaper:0708-06 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Bezemer, Dirk J & Jong-A-Pin, Richard, 2008. "World on Fire? Democracy, Globalization and Ethnic Violence," MPRA Paper 7027, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Antonio Ciccone, 2011. "Estimating the effect of transitory economic shocks on civil conflict," Economics Working Papers 1063, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Ricardo J. Caballero & Pierre Yared, 2008. "Inflating the Beast: Political Incentives Under Uncertainty," NBER Working Papers 13779, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tim Bale & Barry Reilly & Robert Witt, 2008. "Determining Constituency Marginality in the UK Using the Expense Claims of MPs," School of Economics Discussion Papers 0108, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Martimort, David & Semenov, Aggey, 2008. "The Informational Effects of Competition and Collusion in Legislative Politics," MPRA Paper 6989, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thomas Tiemann & Cassandra DiRienzo & Jayoti Das, 2008. "Red Cities, Blue Cities: Creativity, Growth and Politics," Working Papers 2008-02, Elon University, Department of Economics.
- Keith Blackburn & Gonzalo F. Forgues-Puccio, 2007. "Why is Corruption Less Harmful in Some Countries Than in Others?," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 88, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- Juan Carlos Rojo Cagigal, 2008. "On state autonomy : pressure groups and public policy in Britain and Spain in a comparative perspective, 1830s-1930s," Working Papers in Economic History wp08-01, Universidad Carlos III, Instituto Figuerola de Historia y Ciencias Sociales.
- Martimort, David & Semenov, Aggey, 2008. "Ideological Uncertainty and Lobbying Competition," MPRA Paper 6992, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Philipp Maier, 2008. "A Wave of Protectionism? An Analysis of Economic and Political Considerations," Staff Working Papers 08-2, Bank of Canada.
- Turan Subasat, 2008. "What is Globalisation and What is Not?: A Political Economy Perspective," Working Papers 0801, Izmir University of Economics.