Report NEP-POL-2006-01-01This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Klein, Daniel B. & Stern, Charlotta, 2005. "Narrow-Tent Democrats and Fringe Others: The Policy Views of Social Science Professors," Working Paper Series 8/2005, Stockholm University, Swedish Institute for Social Research.
- Lee J. Alston & Jeffery A. Jenkins & Tomas Nonnenmacher, 2005. "Who Should Govern Congress? Access to Power and the Salary Grab of 1873," NBER Working Papers 11908, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christoph Vanberg, 2005. ""One Man, One Dollar"? Examining the equalization argument in support of campaign contribution limits," Papers on Strategic Interaction 2005-31, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- Adi Brender & Allan Drazen, 2005. "How Do Budget Deficits and Economic Growth Affect Reelection Prospects? Evidence from a Large Cross-Section of Countries," NBER Working Papers 11862, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Natalia Melgar & Máximo Rossi & Laura Rovegno, 2005. "Las preferencias individuales por el proteccionismo en "economías pequeñas", ¿fundamento racional?," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 0705, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Marcus Noland, 2005. "Explaining Middle Eastern Authoritarianism," Working Paper Series WP05-5, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Timothy J. Hatton & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2005. "A Dual Policy Paradox: Why Have Trade and Immigration Policies Always Differed in Labor-Scarce Economies," NBER Working Papers 11866, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marcus Noland, 2005. "Affinity and International Trade," Working Paper Series WP05-3, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Fatih Ozatay, 2005. "Public Sector Price Controls and Electoral Cycles," Working Papers 0509, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.