Report NEP-PBE-2018-08-13This is the archive for NEP-PBE, a report on new working papers in the area of Public Economics. Thomas AndrÃ©n issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Mehmet Balcilar & Rangan Gupta & Wei Ma & Philton Makena, 2018. "Income Inequality and Economic Growth: A Re-Examination of Theory and Evidence," Working Papers 201844, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Yoshitomo Ogawa & Nobuhiro Hosoe, 2018. "Optimal Indirect Tax Design for a Developing Country," GRIPS Discussion Papers 18-06, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Dmitry Taubinsky, 2018. "Behavioral Public Economics," NBER Working Papers 24828, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gillitzer, Christian & Sinning, Mathias, 2018. "Nudging businesses to pay their taxes: Does timing matter?," Ruhr Economic Papers 760, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Carrillo, Paul & Emran, M. Shahe, 2018. "Loss Aversion, Transaction Costs, or Audit Trigger? Learning about Corporate Tax Compliance from a Policy Experiment with Withholding Regime," MPRA Paper 87445, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tsikas, Stefanos A. & Wagener, Andreas, 2018. "Bringing Tax Avoiders to Light: Moral Framing and Shaming in a Public Goods Experiment," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-633, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Hyejin Ku & Uta Schönberg & Ragnhild C. Schreiner, 2018. "How Do Firms Respond to Place-Based Tax Incentives?," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1811, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Philipp Dörrenberg & Andreas Peichl, 2018. "Tax Morale and the Role of Social Norms and Reciprocity. Evidence from a Randomized Survey Experiment," CESifo Working Paper Series 7149, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ulm, Eric, 2018. "The effect of retirement taxation rules on the value of guaranteed lifetime withdrawal benefits," Working Paper Series 7607, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
- Chiara Canta & Helmuth Cremer, 2018. "Uncertain Altruism and Non-Linear Long-Term Care Policies," CESifo Working Paper Series 7129, CESifo Group Munich.
- Andras Simonovits, 2018. "Designing pension benefits when longevities increase with wages," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1804, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- José Alves, 2018. "Tax incidence and fiscal systems: some problems on tax compared history in XIX and XX centuries," Working Papers REM 2018/45, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, REM, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Jarle Møen & Dirk Schindler & Guttorm Schjelderup & Georg Wamser, 2018. "The Tax-Efficient Use of Debt in Multinational Corporations," CESifo Working Paper Series 7133, CESifo Group Munich.
- Jean-François Wen, 2018. "Progressive Taxation of Extractive Resources as Second-Best Optimal Policy," IMF Working Papers 18/130, International Monetary Fund.
- Monique De Haan & Ragnhild C. Schreiner, 2018. "The Intergenerational Transmission of Welfare Dependency," CESifo Working Paper Series 7140, CESifo Group Munich.
- Redonda, Agustin & Diaz de Sarralde, Santiago & Hallerberg, Mark & Johnson, Lise & Melamud, Ariel & Rozemberg, Ricardo & Schwab, Jakob & von Haldenwang, Christian, 2018. "Tax expenditure and the treatment of tax incentives for investment," Economics Discussion Papers 2018-57, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).