Report NEP-PBE-2008-11-18This is the archive for NEP-PBE, a report on new working papers in the area of Public Economics. Oliver Budzinski issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Schaeffer, Michael & Yilmaz, Serdar, 2008. "Strengthening local government budgeting and accountability," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4767, The World Bank.
- Benno Torgler & Friedrich Schneider & Christoph A. Schaltegger, 2008. "Local Autonomy, Tax Morale and the Shadow Economy," CREMA Working Paper Series 2008-24, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Vollrath, Dietrich, 2008. "Wealth Distribution and the Provision of Public Goods: Evidence from the United States," MPRA Paper 11534, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Khemani, Stuti & Wane, Waly, 2008. "Populist fiscal policy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4762, The World Bank.
- Axel Dreher & Justina Fischer, 2008. "Decentralization as a disincentive for transnational terror? System stability versus government efficiency: an empirical test," TWI Research Paper Series 41, Thurgauer Wirtschaftsinstitut, Universitï¿½t Konstanz.
- Knack, Stephen, 2008. "Sovereign rents and the quality of tax policy and administration," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4773, The World Bank.
- Masako Kimura & Daishin Yasui, 2008. "Public Provision of Private Child Goods," KIER Working Papers 662, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Brosio, Giorgio & Zanola, Roberto, 2008. "The welfare costs of national standards: a contribution to the debate on the outcomes of de/centralization," POLIS Working Papers 113, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Enrico Spolaore, 2008. "The Efficiency and Stability of National Borders," Vives discussion paper series 1, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Faculteit Economie en Bedrijfswetenschappen, Vives.
- van der Hoek, M. Peter & Kong, Shuhong & Li, Zhenzi, 2008. "The dual corporate income tax in China: the impact of unification," MPRA Paper 11547, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Aug 2008.
- Nestor Duch-Brown & José García-Quevedo & Daniel Montolio, 2008. "Assessing the assignation of public subsidies: Do the experts choose the most efficient R&D projects?," Working Papers XREAP2008-12, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Nov 2008.
- Jens Arnold & Cyrille Schwellnus, 2008. "Do Corporate Taxes Reduce Productivity and Investment at the Firm Level? Cross-Country Evidence from the Amadeus Dataset," Working Papers 2008-19, CEPII research center.
- Schiffbauer, Marc, 2008. "Catching Up or Falling Behind? The Effect of Infrastructure Capital on Technology Adoption in Transition Economies," Papers DYNREG27, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).