Report NEP-PBE-2007-08-27This is the archive for NEP-PBE, a report on new working papers in the area of Public Economics. Oliver Budzinski issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Hikaru Ogawa & David Wildasin, 2007. "Think Locally, Act Locally: Spillovers, Spillbacks, and Efficient Decentralized Policymaking," Working Papers 2007-06, University of Kentucky, Institute for Federalism and Intergovernmental Relations.
- Bilin Neyapti & Nida Cakir, 2007. "Does Fiscal Decentralization Promote Fiscal Discipline?," Working Papers 0708, Department of Economics, Bilkent University.
- Lars-Erik Borge & Per Tovmo, 2007. "Myopic or constrained by balanced-budget-rules? The intertemporal spending behavior of Norwegian local governments," Working Paper Series 8807, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Carmen Lopez Martin & Pedro Pablo Perez Hernandez & Araceli Rios Berjillos, 2006. "Regional Financing: Spanish Autonomous Communities Versus German Laenders," ERSA conference papers ersa06p478, European Regional Science Association.
- Mayanja, Abubaker & Mayengo, Israel, 2007. "Municipal Bonds for Financing Development of infrastructure: A way forward for KCC and Local Governments in Uganda," MPRA Paper 4585, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Uchimura, Hiroko & Jutting, Johannes, 2007. "Fiscal Decentralization, Chinese Style: Good for Health Outcomes?," IDE Discussion Papers 111, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Leah Platt Boustan, 2007. "Escape from the City? The Role of Race, Income, and Local Public Goods in Post-War Suburbanization," NBER Working Papers 13311, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- A. Lans Bovenberg & Lawrence H. Goulder & Mark R. Jacobsen, 2007. "Industry Compensation and the Costs of Alternative Environmental Policy Instruments," NBER Working Papers 13331, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Straub, Roland & Tchakarov, Ivan, 2007. "Assessing the impact of a change in the composition of public spending: a DSGE approach," Working Paper Series 0795, European Central Bank.
- Michael Sturm & François Gurtner, 2007. "Fiscal policy in Mediterranean countries – developments, structures and implications for monetary policy," Occasional Paper Series 69, European Central Bank.
- Alex Armstrong & Nick Draper & AndrÃ© Nibbelink & Ed Westerhout, 2007. "Fiscal prefunding in response to demographic uncertainty," CPB Discussion Paper 85, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- David Wildasin, 2007. "Pre-Emption: Federal Statutory Intervention in State Taxation," Working Papers 2007-05, University of Kentucky, Institute for Federalism and Intergovernmental Relations.
- Slack, Enid, 2007. "Managing the coordination of service delivery in metropolitan cities : the role of metropolitan governance," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4317, The World Bank.
- Francisco Rodriguez, 2007. "Have Collapses in Infrastructure Spending led to Cross-Country Divergence in Per Capita GDP?," Working Papers 52, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.