Report NEP-MIG-2020-09-28This is the archive for NEP-MIG, a report on new working papers in the area of Economics of Human Migration. Yuji Tamura issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Pei-Ju Liao & Ping Wang & Yin-Chi Wang & Chong Kee Yip, 2020. "To Stay or to Migrate? When Becker Meets Harris-Todaro," NBER Working Papers 27767, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pierre Azoulay & Benjamin Jones & J. Daniel Kim & Javier Miranda, 2020. "Immigration and Entrepreneurship in the United States," NBER Working Papers 27778, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chen, Shuo & Xie, Bin, 2020. "Institutional Discrimination and Assimilation: Evidence from the Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882," IZA Discussion Papers 13647, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Orrenius, Pia M. & Zavodny, Madeline, 2020. "The Effect of Employer Enrollment in E-Verify on Low-Skilled U.S. Workers," IZA Discussion Papers 13581, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Anna Maria Mayda & Francesc Ortega & Giovanni Peri & Kevin Y. Shih & Chad Sparber, 2020. "Coping with H-1B Shortages: Firm Performance and Mitigation Strategies," NBER Working Papers 27730, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Štěpán Mikula & Mariola Pytliková, 2020. "Air Pollution & Migration: Exploiting a Natural Experiment from the Czech Republic," EconPol Working Paper 43, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Holger Sieg & Chamna Yoon & Jipeng Zhang, 2020. "The Impact of Migration Controls on Urban Fiscal Policies and the Intergenerational Transmission of Human Capital in China," NBER Working Papers 27764, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gevrek, Deniz & Gevrek, Z. Eylem & Guven, Cahit, 2020. "The Relationship between Early-Life Conditions in the Home Country and Adult Outcomes among Child Immigrants in the United States," IZA Discussion Papers 13602, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Siwar Khelifa, 2020. "Risks and optimal migration duration: The role of higher order risk attitudes," Working Papers 2029, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
- Clemens, Michael A., 2020. "The Emigration Life Cycle: How Development Shapes Emigration from Poor Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 13614, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Stefano Carattini & Marcella Veronesi, 2020. "Trust, Temperature Fluctuations, and Asylum Applications," Working Papers 17/2020, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Benjamin Elsner & Jeff Concannon, 2020. "Immigration and Redistribution," Working Papers 202008, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Fiaschi, Davide & Tealdi, Cristina, 2020. "Winners and Losers of Immigration," IZA Discussion Papers 13600, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Seong Hee Kim & Byung-Yeon Kim, 2020. "Migration And Trust: Evidence From West Germany After Unification," Working Paper Series no139, Institute of Economic Research, Seoul National University.
- Sikdar, Satadru & Mishra, Preksha, 2020. "Reverse Migration during Lockdown: A Snapshot of Public Policies," Working Papers 20/318, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.