Report NEP-MIG-2017-12-03This is the archive for NEP-MIG, a report on new working papers in the area of Economics of Human Migration. Yuji Tamura issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Platonova, Anna & Gény, Lydia Rosa, 2017. "Women's empowerment and migration in the Caribbean," Studies and Perspectives – ECLAC Subregional Headquarters for The Caribbean 59, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Samuel Bazzi & Martin Fiszbein & Mesay Gebresilasse, 2017. "Frontier Culture: The Roots and Persistence of "Rugged Individualism" in the United States," NBER Working Papers 23997, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Magdalena M. Ulceluse, 2017. "Does employment protection legislation promote immigrant self-employment?," Discussion Papers 46, Central European Labour Studies Institute (CELSI).
- Magdalena M. Ulceluse, 2017. "Self-employment effects of restrictive immigration policies: the case of transitional arrangements in the EU," Discussion Papers 47, Central European Labour Studies Institute (CELSI).
- Dries Lens & Ive Marx & SunÄ ica VujiÄ‡, 2017. "Integrating (former) asylum seekers into the Belgian labour market. What can we learn from the recent past?," Working Papers 1710, Herman Deleeck Centre for Social Policy, University of Antwerp.
- CHABÉ-FERRET Bastien & MACHADO Joël & WAHBA Jackline, 2017. "Remigration Intentions and Migrants' Behavior," LISER Working Paper Series 2017-17, LISER.
- Martin Guzi, 2017. "How Immigration Grease Is Affected by Economic, Institutional and Policy Contexts: Evidence from EU Labor Markets," Discussion Papers 45, Central European Labour Studies Institute (CELSI).
- Netz, Nicolai & Parey, Matthias & Ruhose, Jens & Waldinger, Fabian, 2017. "The Selection of High-Skilled Emigrants," CEPR Discussion Papers 12403, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Christl, Michael & Köppl-Turyna, Monika & Gnan, Phillipp, 2017. "Wage differences between immigrants and natives in Austria: The role of literacy skills," Working Papers 12, Agenda Austria.
- Frédéric Docquier & Aysit Tansel & Riccardo Turati, 2017. "Do emigrants self-select along cultural traits? Evidence from the MENA countries," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1716, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.