Report NEP-MIG-2017-10-22This is the archive for NEP-MIG, a report on new working papers in the area of Economics of Human Migration. Yuji Tamura issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Drometer, Marcus & Méango, Romuald, 2017. "Electoral cycles, partisan effects and U.S. immigration policies," VfS Annual Conference 2017 (Vienna): Alternative Structures for Money and Banking 168253, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Bratti, Massimiliano & Deiana, Claudio & Havari, Enkelejda & Mazzarella, Gianluca & Meroni, Elena Claudia, 2017. "What Are You Voting For? Proximity to Refugee Reception Centres and Voting in the 2016 Italian Constitutional Referendum," IZA Discussion Papers 11060, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Vadlamannati, Krishna Chaitanya & Kelly, Grace, 2017. "Welfare Chauvinism? Refugee Flows and Electoral Support for Populist-right Parties in Industrial Democracies," MPRA Paper 81816, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kessler, Anke & Milligan, Kevin, 2017. "Acculturation, Education, and Gender Roles: Evidence from Canada," VfS Annual Conference 2017 (Vienna): Alternative Structures for Money and Banking 168299, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Álvaro Pina, 2017. "Luxembourg: reaping the benefits of a diverse society through better integration of immigrants," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1418, OECD Publishing.
- Axel Dreher & Martin Gassebner & Paul Schaudt, 2017. "The Effect of Migration on Terror - Made at Home or Imported from Abroad?," CESifo Working Paper Series 6441, CESifo.
- Constant, Amelie F., 2017. "The Healthy Immigrant Paradox and Health Convergence," GLO Discussion Paper Series 124, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Su, Yaqin & Tesfazion, Petros & Zhao, Zhong, 2017. "Where Are Migrants from? Inter- vs. Intra-Provincial Rural-Urban Migration in China," IZA Discussion Papers 11029, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Lionel Ragot & Michel Beine & Marco Delogu, 2017. "The Role of Fees in Foreign Education: Evidence From Italy," EconomiX Working Papers 2017-44, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Chen, Yuanyuan & Wang, Le & Zhang, Min, 2017. "Informal Search, Bad Search? The Effects of Job Search Method on Wages among Rural Migrants in Urban China," IZA Discussion Papers 11058, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Tavassoli, Sam & Trippl, Michaela, 2017. "The Impact of Ethnic Communities on Immigrant Entrepreneurship: Evidence from Sweden," Papers in Innovation Studies 2017/17, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation Research.
- Massimo Anelli & Kevin Shih & Kevin Williams, 2017. "Foreign Peer Effects and STEM Major Choice," CESifo Working Paper Series 6466, CESifo.
- Kürschner, Kathleen, 2017. "Immigration and Rental Prices of Residential Housing: Evidence from the Fall of the Berlin Wall," VfS Annual Conference 2017 (Vienna): Alternative Structures for Money and Banking 168092, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Anna Maria Mayda & Francesc Ortega & Giovanni Peri & Kevin Shih & Chad Sparber, 2017. "The Effect of the H-1B Quota on Employment and Selection of Foreign-Born Labor," NBER Working Papers 23902, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gazeley, Ian & Holmes, Rose & Newell, Andrew T. & Reynolds, Kevin & Gutierrez Rufrancos, Hector, 2017. "Escaping from Hunger before WW1: Nutrition and Living Standards in Western Europe and USA in the Late Nineteenth Century," IZA Discussion Papers 11037, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Jansson, Olle, 2017. "Organized interests and foreign-educated professionals: The case of the associations for physicians and nurses in Sweden," Working Paper Series 2017:18, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Kaiser, Micha & Bauer, Jan M., 2017. "Preschool child care and child well-being in Germany: Does the migrant experience differ?," Hohenheim Discussion Papers in Business, Economics and Social Sciences 21-2017, University of Hohenheim, Faculty of Business, Economics and Social Sciences.