Report NEP-MIG-2016-04-16This is the archive for NEP-MIG, a report on new working papers in the area of Economics of Human Migration. Yuji Tamura issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Shun Wang & Weina Zhou, 2016. "The Unintended Long-term Consequences of Mao’s Mass Send-Down Movement: Marriage, Social Network, and Happiness," HiCN Working Papers 213, Households in Conflict Network.
- Anja Prummer & Jan-Peter Siedlarek, 2014. "Institutions and the Preservation of Cultural Traits," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1465, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Supriya Singh, 2014. "Beyond the Dichotomy: Money and the Transnational Family in India and Australia," Working Papers 15-01f, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Migration and Development..
- Keola, Souknilanh & Kumagai, Satoru, 2016. "Measuring population mobility speed from space," IDE Discussion Papers 574, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Sergio A. Lago Alves, 2016. "Labor Markets in Heterogenous Sectors," Working Papers Series 421, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Oriana Bandiera & Myra Mohnen & Imran Rasul & Martina Viarengo, 2015. "Nation-Building Through Compulsory Schooling During the Age of Mass Migration," STICERD - Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers Series 057, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Matthew Roskruge & Jacques Poot & Laura King, 2016. "Social capital, entrepreneurship and living standards: differences between immigrants and the native born," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1607, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Tuccio, Michele & Wahba, Jackline & Hamdouch, Bachir, 2016. "International Migration: Driver of Political and Social Change?," IZA Discussion Papers 9794, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- De Paola, Maria & Brunello, Giorgio, 2016. "Education as a Tool for the Economic Integration of Migrants," IZA Discussion Papers 9836, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jason Long & Henry E. Siu, 2016. "Refugees From Dust and Shrinking Land: Tracking the Dust Bowl Migrants," NBER Working Papers 22108, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Melanie Morten & Jaqueline Oliveira, 2016. "Paving the Way to Development: Costly Migration and Labor Market Integration," NBER Working Papers 22158, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jed Armstrong & Chris McDonald, 2016. "Why the drivers of migration matter for the labour market," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Analytical Notes series AN2016/02, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Andreas Steinmayr, 2016. "Exposure to Refugees and Voting for the Far-Right. (Unexpected) Results from Austria," WIFO Working Papers 514, WIFO.