Report NEP-MIG-2011-04-30This is the archive for NEP-MIG, a report on new working papers in the area of Economics of Human Migration. Yuji Tamura issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Schnitzlein, Daniel D., 2011. "How important is cultural background for the level of intergenerational mobility?," FAU Discussion Papers in Economics 06/2011, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Institute for Economics.
- Kaiser, Ulrich & Kongsted, Hans Christian & Rønde, Thomas, 2011. "Labor Mobility, Social Network Effects, and Innovative Activity," IZA Discussion Papers 5654, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Aparicio Fenoll, Ainoa, 2011. "Network Effects on Migrants' Remittances," IZA Discussion Papers 5657, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Michael M. Alba & Jessaine Soraya C. Sugui, 2011. "Motives and Giving Norms Behind Remittances: the Case of Filipino Overseas Workers and their Recipient Households," Working Papers PMMA 2011-06, PEP-PMMA.
- Epstein, Gil S. & Venturini, Alessandra, 2011. "The Impact of Worker Effort on Public Sentiment Towards Temporary Migrants," IZA Discussion Papers 5658, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Henderson, Daniel J. & Polachek, Solomon & Wang, Le, 2011. "Heterogeneity in Schooling Rates of Return," IZA Discussion Papers 5662, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Biondo, Alessio E. & Monteleone, Simona, 2010. "Return migration in Italy: what do we know?," DEMQ Working Paper Series 2010/1, University of Catania, Department of Economics and Quantitative Methods.
- Chen, Hung-Ju & Fang, I-Hsiang, 2011. "Migration, Social Security, and Economic Growth," MPRA Paper 30251, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jean-Louis Combes & Christian Ebeke & Mathilde Maurel & Thierry Yogo, 2011. "Remittances and the prevalence of working poor," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 11021, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Marco Bassetto & Leslie McGranahan, 2011. "On the Relationship Between Mobility, Population Growth, and Capital Spending in the United States," NBER Working Papers 16970, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Vázquez, Pablo & Garoupa, Nuno & Alonso-Borrego, César, 2011. "Does immigration cause crime? : evidence from Spain," UC3M Working papers. Economics we1108, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Constant, Amelie F. & Tien, Bienvenue N. & Zimmermann, Klaus F. & Meng, Jingzhou, 2011. "China's Latent Human Capital Investment: Achieving Milestones and Competing for the Top," IZA Discussion Papers 5650, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Chi-Chur Chao & Bharat R. Hazari & Jean-Pierre Laffargue, 2008. "A simple theory of the optimal number of immigrants," PSE Working Papers halshs-00586821, HAL.