Report NEP-LMA-2017-05-07This is the archive for NEP-LMA, a report on new working papers in the area of Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages. Joseph Marchand issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Neugebauer, Martin & Weiss, Felix, 2017. "Does a Bachelor's degree pay off? Labor market outcomes of academic versus vocational education after Bologna," Discussion Papers 2017/11, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Stuart Adam & David Phillips & Barra Roantree, 2017. "35 Years of Reforms: A Panel Analysis of the Incidence of, and Employee and Employer Responses to, Social Security Contributions in the UK," NBER Working Papers 23336, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brodeur, Abel & Lekfuangfu, Warn N. & Zylberberg, Yanos, 2017. "War, Migration and the Origins of the Thai Sex Industry," IZA Discussion Papers 10686, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Geyer, Johannes & Welteke, Clara, 2017. "Closing Routes to Retirement: How Do People Respond?," IZA Discussion Papers 10681, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Almeida, Andre & Figueiredo, Hugo & Cerejeira, João & Portela, Miguel & Sá, Carla & Teixeira, Pedro N., 2017. "Returns to Postgraduate Education in Portugal: Holding on to a Higher Ground?," IZA Discussion Papers 10676, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Agudelo, Sonia A. & Sala, Hector, 2017. "Wage Rigidities in Colombia: Measurement, Causes, and Policy Implications," IZA Discussion Papers 10669, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Shushanik Hakobyan & John McLaren, 2017. "NAFTA and the Gender Wage Gap," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 17-270, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Rachel Baker & Eric Bettinger & Brian Jacob & Ioana Marinescu, 2017. "The Effect of Labor Market Information on Community College Students’ Major Choice," NBER Working Papers 23333, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Markussen, Simen & Røed, Knut, 2017. "Egalitarianism under Pressure: Toward Lower Economic Mobility in the Knowledge Economy?," IZA Discussion Papers 10664, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gambetti, Luca & Messina, Julián, 2017. "Evolving Wage Cyclicality in Latin America," IZA Discussion Papers 10657, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Humphries, Jane & Weisdorf, Jacob, 2017. "Unreal Wages? Real Income and Economic Growth in England, 1260-1850," CEPR Discussion Papers 11999, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fouka, Vasiliki & Schlaepfer, Alain, 2017. "Agricultural Returns to Labor and the Origins of Work Ethics," MPRA Paper 78556, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ferreira, Francisco H. G. & Firpo, Sergio & Messina, Julián, 2017. "Ageing Poorly? Accounting for the Decline in Earnings Inequality in Brazil, 1995-2012," IZA Discussion Papers 10656, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gobillon, Laurent & Meurs, Dominique & Roux, Sébastien, 2017. "Differences in positions along a hierarchy: Counterfactuals based on an assignment model," CEPR Discussion Papers 11982, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Deguilhem, Thibaud & Berrou, Jean-Philippe & Combarnous, François, 2017. "Using your ties to get a worse job? The differential effects of social networks on quality of employment: Evidence from Colombia," MPRA Paper 78628, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lass, Inga & Wooden, Mark, 2017. "The Structure of the Wage Gap for Temporary Workers: Evidence from Australian Panel Data," IZA Discussion Papers 10670, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Meara, Katie & Pastore, Francesco & Webster, Allan, 2017. "Is the Gender Pay Gap in the US Just the Result of Gender Segregation at Work?," IZA Discussion Papers 10673, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kübler, Dorothea & Schmid, Julia & Stüber, Robert, 2017. "Be a man or become a nurse: Comparing gender discrimination by employers across a wide variety of professions," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Behavior SP II 2017-201, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).