Report NEP-LAW-2014-03-15This is the archive for NEP-LAW, a report on new working papers in the area of Law & Economics. Eve-Angeline Lambert issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- J.J. Prescott & Kathryn E. Spier & Albert Yoon, 2014. "Trial and Settlement: A Study of High-Low Agreements," NBER Working Papers 19873, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Orley C. Ashenfelter & Daniel Hosken & Matthew C. Weinberg, 2014. "Did Robert Bork Understate the Competitive Impact of Mergers? Evidence from Consummated Mergers," NBER Working Papers 19939, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wenli Li & Ishani Tewari & Michelle J. White, 2014. "Using Bankruptcy to Reduce Foreclosures: Does Strip-down of Mortgages Affect the Supply of Mortgage Credit?," NBER Working Papers 19952, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marchese, Carla, 2014. "Tax Amnesties," IEL Working Papers 17, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Islam, Asif, 2014. "Economic growth and crime against small and medium sized enterprises in developing economies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6768, The World Bank.
- Joseph Mai & Andrey Stoyanov, 2014. "Home Country Bias in the Legal System: Empirical Evidence from the Intellectual Property Rights Protection in Canada," Working Papers 2014_3, York University, Department of Economics.
- Lauridsen, Jørgen T. & Zeren, Fatma & Ari, Ayse, 2014. "Is crime in Turkey economically rational?," Discussion Papers of Business and Economics 3/2014, Department of Business and Economics, University of Southern Denmark.
- Bernardo Mueller & Pedro Fernando Almeida Nery Ferreira, 2014. "How Judges Think In The Brazilian Supreme Court: Estimating Ideal Points And Identifying Dimensions," Anais do XLI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 41th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 088, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- J.W. Fedderke and M. Mentoruzzo, 2014. "Are Justices of the US Supreme Court Islands Unto Themselves? Examining external influences on US Supreme Court rulings in securities cases," Working Papers 424, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Janda, Karel & Rakicova, Anna, 2014. "Corporate Bankruptcies in Czech Republic, Slovakia, Croatia and Serbia," MPRA Paper 54109, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mariana Cunha & Paula Sarmento & Hélder Vasconcelos, 2014. "Uncertain Efficiency Gains and Merger Policy," FEP Working Papers 527, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.