Report NEP-LAW-2014-01-24This is the archive for NEP-LAW, a report on new working papers in the area of Law & Economics. Eve-Angeline Lambert issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Andrew Daughety & Jennifer Reinganum, 2014. "The Effect of Third-Party Funding of Plaintiffs on Settlement," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 14-00002, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Paul Hallwood & Thomas J. Miceli, 2014. "Modern Maritime Piracy," Working papers 2014-01, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Nicola Gennaioli & Enrico Perotti & Giacomo Ponzetto, 2014. "Standardized Enforcement: Legal Evolution, Contract Evolution and Standardization," Working Papers 747, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Bueren, Eckart & Smuda, Florian, 2013. "A primer on damages of cartel suppliers: Determinants, standing US vs. EU and econometric estimation," ZEW Discussion Papers 13-063 [rev.], ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Muehlenbachs, Lucija & Staubli, Stefan & Cohen, Mark A., 2013. "The Effect of Inspector Group Size and Familiarity on Enforcement and Deterrence," IZA Discussion Papers 7876, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rudolph, Alexandra & Schneider, Friedrich, 2013. "International Human Trafficking: Measuring Clandestinity by the Structural Equation Approach," IZA Discussion Papers 7867, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Clemens, Georg & Rau, Holger A., 2014. "Do leniency policies facilitate collusion? Experimental evidence," DICE Discussion Papers 130, Heinrich‐Heine‐Universität Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Benjamin Kern, 2014. "Innovation Markets, Future Markets, or Potential Competition: How Should Competition Authorities Account for Innovation Competition in Merger Reviews?," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201408, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Evers, Lisa & Miller, Helen & Spengel, Christoph, 2013. "Intellectual property box regimes: Effective tax rates and tax policy considerations," ZEW Discussion Papers 13-070 [rev.], ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Janeba, Eckhard & Osterloh, Steffen, 2013. "Tax and the city: A theory of local tax competition and evidence for Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 12-005 [rev.], ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Nguyen, Thi Phuong Loan, 2013. "The Legal Framework of Vietnam’s Water Sector: Update 2013," MPRA Paper 52996, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bhaumik, Sumon K. & Dimova, Ralitza & Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Sun, Kai, 2014. "More Is Better! What Can Firm-Specific Estimates of the Impact of Institutional Quality on Performance Tell Us?," IZA Discussion Papers 7886, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jill R. Horwitz & Daniel Polsky, 2014. "Cross Border Effects of State Health Technology Regulation," NBER Working Papers 19801, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nilsen, Øivind Anti & Sørgard, Lars & Ulsaker, Simen A., 2013. "Upstream Merger in a Successive Oligopoly: Who Pays the Price?," Discussion Paper Series in Economics 17/2013, Department of Economics, Norwegian School of Economics.
- Nakajima, Makoto, 2013. "A tale of two commitments: equilibrium default and temptation," Working Papers 14-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Kathy Fogel & Liping Ma & Randall Morck, 2014. "Powerful Independent Directors," NBER Working Papers 19809, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.