Report NEP-LAB-2020-06-29This is the archive for NEP-LAB, a report on new working papers in the area of Labour Economics. Joseph Marchand issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
Subscribe to this report: email or RSS.
Other reports in NEP-LAB
The following items were announced in this report:
- Isabel Cairó & Shigeru Fujita & Camilo Morales-Jimenez, 2020. "The Cyclicality of Labor Force Participation Flows: The Role of Labor Supply Elasticities and Wage Rigidity," Working Papers 20-23, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Barth, Erling & Finseraas, Henning & Kjelsrud, Anders & Moene, Karl Ove, 2020. "Hit by the Silk Road: How Wage Coordination in Europe Mitigates the China Shock," IZA Discussion Papers 13259, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Guven, Cahit & Tong, Lan Anh & Yuksel, Mutlu, 2020. "Australia's Immigration Selection System and Labour Market Outcomes in a Family Context: Evidence from Administrative Data," IZA Discussion Papers 13377, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Carlos Carrillo-Tudela & Ludo Visschers, 2020. "Unemployment and Endogenous Reallocation over the Business Cycle," CESifo Working Paper Series 8288, CESifo.
- Robert E. Hall & Marianna Kudlyak, 2020. "Why Has the US Economy Recovered So Consistently from Every Recession in the Past 70 Years?," NBER Working Papers 27234, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arno Baurin, 2020. "The Limited Power of Socioeconomic Status to Predict Longevity: Implications for Pension Policy," LIDAM Discussion Papers IRES 2020019, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Victoria Maleeva & Majlinda Joxhe & Skerdilajda Zanaj, 2020. "Poverty in Russia: the Role of the Marital Status and Gender," DEM Discussion Paper Series 20-16, Department of Economics at the University of Luxembourg.
- George J. Borjas & Hugh Cassidy, 2020. "The Adverse Effect of the COVID-19 Labor Market Shock on Immigrant Employment," NBER Working Papers 27243, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Faia, Ester & Laffitte, Sébastien & Mayer, Maximilian & Ottaviano, Gianmarco, 2020. "Automation, Globalization and Vanishing Jobs: A Labor Market Sorting View," IZA Discussion Papers 13267, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Andrew E. Clark & Anthony Lepinteur, 2020. "A Natural Experiment on Job Insecurity and Fertility in France," DEM Discussion Paper Series 20-12, Department of Economics at the University of Luxembourg.
- Anelli, Massimo & Basso, Gaetano & Ippedico, Giuseppe & Peri, Giovanni, 2020. "Does Emigration Drain Entrepreneurs?," IZA Discussion Papers 13390, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Kilman, Josefin, 2020. "Monetary Policy and Income Inequality in the United States: The Role of Labor Unions," Working Papers 2020:10, Lund University, Department of Economics, revised 20 Sep 2022.
- Andreas Irmen, 2020. "Automation, Growth, an Factor Shares in the Era of Population Aging," DEM Discussion Paper Series 20-15, Department of Economics at the University of Luxembourg.
- Sumedha Gupta & Laura Montenovo & Thuy D. Nguyen & Felipe Lozano Rojas & Ian M. Schmutte & Kosali I. Simon & Bruce A. Weinberg & Coady Wing, 2020. "Effects of Social Distancing Policy on Labor Market Outcomes," NBER Working Papers 27280, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ananyev, Mikhail & Dohmen, Thomas & Lehmann, Hartmut, 2020. "The Bonding Effect of Deferred Compensation: Worker Separations from a Large Firm in Early Transition Russia," IZA Discussion Papers 13358, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Addison, John T. & Teixeira, Paulino, 2020. "Management Practices, Worker Commitment, and Workplace Representation," IZA Discussion Papers 13285, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Pouliakas, Konstantinos & Branka, Jiri, 2020. "EU Jobs at Highest Risk of COVID-19 Social Distancing: Will the Pandemic Exacerbate Labour Market Divide?," IZA Discussion Papers 13281, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Isilda Mara, 2020. "Health Professionals Wanted: Chain Mobility across European Countries," wiiw Research Reports 445, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Natalie Bau & Martin Rotemberg & Manisha Shah & Bryce Steinberg, 2020. "Human Capital Investment in the Presence of Child Labor," NBER Working Papers 27241, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert W. Fairlie & Kenneth Couch & Huanan Xu, 2020. "The Impacts of COVID-19 on Minority Unemployment: First Evidence from April 2020 CPS Microdata," NBER Working Papers 27246, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christophe Jalil Nordman & Smriti Sharma & Naveen Sunder, 2020. "Here Comes the Rain Again: Productivity Shocks, Educational Investments and Child Work," Working Papers DT/2020/05, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Béland, Louis-Philippe & Brodeur, Abel & Haddad, Joanne & Mikola, Derek, 2020. "COVID-19, Family Stress and Domestic Violence: Remote Work, Isolation and Bargaining Power," IZA Discussion Papers 13332, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Kim, Seonghoon & Koh, Kanghyock & Zhang, Xuan, 2020. "Short-Term Impact of COVID-19 on Consumption and Labor Market Outcomes: Evidence from Singapore," IZA Discussion Papers 13354, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Neha Hui & Uma Kambhampati, 2020. "The Political Economy of Indian Indentured Labour in the 19th Century," Economics Discussion Papers em-dp2020-16, Department of Economics, University of Reading.
- Haruki Seitani & Ben Westmore, 2020. "Technological diffusion and managing the associated economic transitions in Ireland," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1610, OECD Publishing.
- Freund, L. B & Rendahl, P., 2020. "Unexpected Effects: Uncertainty, Unemployment, and Inflation," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 2035, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Britto, Diogo & Pinotti, Paolo & Sampaio, Breno, 2020. "The Effect of Job Loss and Unemployment Insurance on Crime in Brazil," IZA Discussion Papers 13280, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Andrej Angelovski & Jordi Brandts & Werner Güth, 2020. "Bidding for the Better Jobs: An Experiment on Gender Differences in Competitiveness without a Real-Effort Task," Working Papers 1185, Barcelona School of Economics.