Report NEP-LAB-2017-10-22This is the archive for NEP-LAB, a report on new working papers in the area of Labour Economics. Joseph Marchand issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Anna Maria Mayda & Francesc Ortega & Giovanni Peri & Kevin Shih & Chad Sparber, 2017. "The Effect of the H-1B Quota on Employment and Selection of Foreign-Born Labor," NBER Working Papers 23902, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Deborah A. Cobb-Clark & Sarah C. Dahmann & NicolÃ¡s Salamanca & Anna Zhu, 2017. "Intergenerational Disadvantage: Learning about Equal Opportunity from Social Assistance Receipt," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2017n28, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Marco de Pinto & Jochen Michaelis, 2017. "Firm Selection and the Role of Union Heterogeneity," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201743, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Chen, Yuanyuan & Wang, Le & Zhang, Min, 2017. "Informal Search, Bad Search? The Effects of Job Search Method on Wages among Rural Migrants in Urban China," IZA Discussion Papers 11058, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Asali, Muhammad & Pignatti, Norberto & Skhirtladze, Sophiko, 2017. "Employment Discrimination in a Former Soviet Union Republic: Evidence from a Field Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 11056, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Christine de la Maisonneuve, 2017. "Towards more inclusive growth in Colombia," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1423, OECD Publishing.
- Álvaro Pina, 2017. "Luxembourg: reaping the benefits of a diverse society through better integration of immigrants," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1418, OECD Publishing.
- Merkl, Christian & Stüber, Heiko, 2017. "Wage Cyclicalities and Labor Market Dynamics at the Establishment Level: Theory and Evidence," VfS Annual Conference 2017 (Vienna): Alternative Structures for Money and Banking 168129, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Töpfer, Marina, 2017. "Detailed RIF decomposition with selection: The gender pay gap in Italy," Hohenheim Discussion Papers in Business, Economics and Social Sciences 26-2017, University of Hohenheim, Faculty of Business, Economics and Social Sciences.
- Andrew D. Foster & Mark R. Rosenzweig, 2017. "Are There Too Many Farms in the World? Labor-Market Transaction Costs, Machine Capacities and Optimal Farm Size," NBER Working Papers 23909, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gazeley, Ian & Holmes, Rose & Newell, Andrew T. & Reynolds, Kevin & Gutierrez Rufrancos, Hector, 2017. "Escaping from Hunger before WW1: Nutrition and Living Standards in Western Europe and USA in the Late Nineteenth Century," IZA Discussion Papers 11037, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Jansson, Olle, 2017. "Organized interests and foreign-educated professionals: The case of the associations for physicians and nurses in Sweden," Working Paper Series 2017:18, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Assaad, Ragui & Krafft, Caroline & Yassin, Shaimaa, 2017. "Comparing Retrospective and Panel Data Collection Methods to Assess Labor Market Dynamics," IZA Discussion Papers 11052, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Su, Yaqin & Tesfazion, Petros & Zhao, Zhong, 2017. "Where Are Migrants from? Inter- vs. Intra-Provincial Rural-Urban Migration in China," IZA Discussion Papers 11029, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Mesén Vargas, Juliana & Van der Linden, Bruno, 2017. "Is There Always a Trade-off between Insurance and Incentives? The Case of Unemployment with Subsistence Constraints," IZA Discussion Papers 11034, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Bellmann, Lutz & Caliendo, Marco & Tübbicke, Stefan, 2017. "The Post-Reform Effectiveness of the New German Start-Up Subsidy for the Unemployed," IZA Discussion Papers 11055, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Debra Lynne Shepherd, 2017. "Gender, Self-concept and Mathematics and Science Performance of South African Grade 9 Students," Working Papers 11/2017, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.