Report NEP-LAB-2017-05-21This is the archive for NEP-LAB, a report on new working papers in the area of Labour Economics. Joseph Marchand issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- William J. Collins & Marianne H. Wanamaker, 2017. "Up from Slavery? African American Intergenerational Economic Mobility Since 1880," NBER Working Papers 23395, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bergemann, Annette & Pohlan, Laura & Uhlendorff, Arne, 2017. "Job creation schemes in turbulent times," ZEW Discussion Papers 17-021, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Cai, Zhengyu & Winters, John V., 2017. "Self-Employment Differentials among Foreign-Born STEM and Non-STEM Workers," IZA Discussion Papers 10688, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Thomas Le Barbanchon & Roland Rathelot & Alexandra Roulet, 2017. "Unemployment Insurance and Reservation Wages: Evidence from Administrative Data," NBER Working Papers 23406, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Melissa S. Kearney & Riley Wilson, 2017. "Male Earnings, Marriageable Men, and Nonmarital Fertility: Evidence from the Fracking Boom," NBER Working Papers 23408, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blit, Joel & Skuterud, Mikal & Zhang, Jue, 2017. "Immigration and Innovation: Evidence from Canadian Cities," IZA Discussion Papers 10689, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Costas Cavounidis & Kevin Lang, 2017. "Ben-Porath meets Lazear: Lifetime Skill Investment and Occupation Choice with Multiple Skills," NBER Working Papers 23367, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew Barr & Sarah Turner, 2017. "A Letter and Encouragement: Does Information Increase Post-Secondary Enrollment of UI Recipients?," NBER Working Papers 23374, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Masayuki Inui & Nao Sudo & Tomoaki Yamada, 2017. "Effects of Monetary Policy Shocks on Inequality in Japan," Bank of Japan Working Paper Series 17-E-3, Bank of Japan.
- William J. Collins & Michael Q. Moody, 2017. "Racial Differences in American Women's Labor Market Outcomes: A Long-Run View," NBER Working Papers 23397, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pietro Biroli & Daniela Del Boca & James J. Heckman & Lynne Pettler Heckman & Yu Kyung. Koh & Sylvi Kuperman & Sidharth Moktan & Chiara D. Pronzato & Anna Ziff, 2017. "Evaluation of the Reggio Approach to Early Education," NBER Working Papers 23390, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maarten J. Bijlsma & Ben Wilson, 2017. "A new approach to understanding the socio-economic determinants of fertility over the life course," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2017-013, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Buckles, Kasey, 2017. "Maternal Socio-Economic Status and the Well-Being of the Next Generation(s)," IZA Discussion Papers 10714, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Doris, Aedin & O'Neill, Donal & Sweetman, Olive, 2017. "Does Reducing Unemployment Benefits During a Recession Reduce Youth Unemployment? Evidence from a 50% Cut in Unemployment Assistance," IZA Discussion Papers 10727, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alessie, R.; Angelini, V.; Mierau, J.O.; Viluma, L.;, 2017. "Economic Downturns and Babiesâ€™ Health," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 17/11, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Narayanan, Sudha & Das, Upasak & Liu, Yanyan & Barrett, Christopher B., 2017. "The â€œDiscouraged Worker Effectâ€ in public works programs: Evidence from the MGNREGA in India," IFPRI discussion papers 1633, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).