Report NEP-HIS-2018-05-07This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo BÃ¡tiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Ashraf, Quamrul & Cinnirella, Francesco & Galor, Oded & Gershman, Boris & Hornung, Erik, 2018. "Capital-Skill Complementarity and the Emergence of Labor Emancipation," CEPR Discussion Papers 12822, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- PARYS, Wilfried, 2018. "Labour values and energy values," Working Papers 2018006, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- Emek Basker & Chris Vickers & Nicolas L. Ziebarth, 2018. "Competition, Productivity, and Survival of Grocery Stores in the Great Depression," Working Papers 18-24, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Thomas I. Palley, 2018. "Three globalizations, not two: Rethinking the history and economics of trade and globalization," FMM Working Paper 18-2018, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Farmer, Roger E A, 2018. "The Role of Financial Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 12825, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- W. Walker Hanlon, 2018. "London Fog: A Century of Pollution and Mortality, 1866-1965," NBER Working Papers 24488, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Scott A. Carson, 2018. "In Support of the Turner Hypothesis for the 19th Century American West: A Biological Response to Recent Criticisms," CESifo Working Paper Series 6969, CESifo.
- Lüger, Tim, 2018. "A VAR evaluation of classical growth theory," Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics 231, Darmstadt University of Technology, Department of Law and Economics.
- Adi Schnytzer & Alina Zubkovych, 2017. "Selective Amnesia and Symbolic Violence: The Second World War as Represented in Eastern and Western Ukrainian Historical Museums," Working Papers 2017-13, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Masaaki Fujii & Akihiko Takahashi, 2018. "Solving Backward Stochastic Differential Equations with quadratic-growth drivers by Connecting the Short-term Expansions," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-1086, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Lee, Neil & Rodríguez-Pose, Andrés & von Berlepsch, Viola, 2018. "A woman's touch? Female migration and economic development in the United States," CEPR Discussion Papers 12878, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Reis, Ricardo, 2018. "Central Banks Going Long," CEPR Discussion Papers 12833, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Luis A. Gil-Alana & Tommaso Trani, 2018. "On the Persistence of UK Inflation: A Long-Range Dependence Approach," CESifo Working Paper Series 6968, CESifo.
- Shachmurove, Yochanan & Vulanovic, Milos, 2018. "SPAC IPOs," EconStor Preprints 177392, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
- Obregon, Carlos, 2018.
"Globalización visiones equivocadas
[Globalization misguided views]," MPRA Paper 86396, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abulkader Mostafa & Colin A. Jones, 2017. "The Financial Returns from Buying versus Renting: The experience of first time buyers in different regions of the UK, 1975-2011," ERES eres2017_217, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Paulus van der Kuil & Kristin Wellner, 2017. "The Imperatives of the Real Estate Industry and its Effects on Architecture and the Built Environment; Case Studies Presentation," ERES eres2017_198, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Olivier Godechot, 2018. "Economizing on Scientific Debate," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/73vc0qjuac9, Sciences Po.
- Cyril Milhaud, 2018. "Financial repression as a tool for debt management: Evidence from late-eighteenth century Spain," Working Papers hal-01767927, HAL.
- Qichun He & Heng-fu Zou, 2018. "The Kuznets Curve on Income Distribution Does Not Hold in China: A Critical Assessment," CEMA Working Papers 607, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Tom Emmerling & Crocker Liu & Yildiray Yildirim, 2017. "The Hybrid Nature of Real Estate Trusts," ERES eres2017_370, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Lüger, Tim, 2018. "The principle of population vs. the Malthusian trap: A classical retrospective and resuscitation," Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics 232, Darmstadt University of Technology, Department of Law and Economics.
- Guillaume Chapelle & Quentin Ramond, 2018. "Un parc social, des parcs sociaux. Analyse des stratégies de production et de gestion en Ile-de-France," Sciences Po publications 77, Sciences Po.
- Gerard H. Dericks & Hans R. A. Koster, 2018. "The Billion Pound Drop: The Blitz and Agglomeration Economies in London," CEP Discussion Papers dp1542, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Silvana Bartoletto & Bruno Chiarini & Elisabetta Marzano & Paolo Piselli, 2018. "Banking Crises and Boom-Bust Dynamics: Evidence for Italy (1861-2016)," CESifo Working Paper Series 6972, CESifo.
- Federico Podestà, 2018. "Was Pierson right? A synthetic control analysis of Reagan and Thatcher’s welfare state retrenchments," FBK-IRVAPP Working Papers 2018-02, Research Institute for the Evaluation of Public Policies (IRVAPP), Bruno Kessler Foundation.
- Ocde, 2018. "Niveau de formation : Aperçu de 50 ans d’évolution et d’expansion de l’éducation," Les indicateurs de l'éducation à la loupe 48, OECD Publishing.
- Jaques Kerstenetzky, 2018. "The History Of Metal Leve S.A. And Its Leadership In The Brazilian Auto Parts Industry: 1950-1996," Anais do XLIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 44th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 26, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Fernando Broner & Daragh Clancy & Alberto Martin & Aitor Erce, 2017. "Fiscal multipliers and foreign holdings of public debt," Economics Working Papers 1610, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Dec 2018.
- Hudson, Michael & Goodhart, Charles A. E., 2018. "Could/should Jubilee debt cancellations be reintroduced today?," Economics Discussion Papers 2018-33, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Rieder, Maria & Theine, Hendrik, 2018. ""Piketty is a Genius, but...": An Analysis of Journalistic Delegitimation of Thomas Piketty's Economic Policy Proposals," Department of Economics Working Paper Series 263, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Dilem Yıldırım & Onur A. Koska, 2018. "Puzzling out the Feldstein-Horioka Paradox for Turkey by a Time-Varying Parameter Approach," ERC Working Papers 1808, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Apr 2018.
- Cláudio Gontijo, 2018. "A Economia Política Do Padrão Ouro-Cambio: 1914 - 1936," Anais do XLIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 44th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 18, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Warwick J. McKibbin & Augustus Panton, 2018. "25 years of inflation targeting in Australia: Are there better alternatives for the next 25 years?," CAMA Working Papers 2018-19, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Mark Carlson, 2018. "Bank Examiners’ Information and Expertise and Their Role in Monitoring and Disciplining Banks Before and During the Panic of 1893," NBER Working Papers 24460, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mukand, Sharun & Rodrik, Dani, 2018. "The Political Economy of Ideas: On Ideas versus Interests in Policymaking," CEPR Discussion Papers 12820, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.