Report NEP-HIS-2018-04-09This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo BÃ¡tiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Federico, Giovanni & Schulze, Max-Stephan & Volckart, Oliver, 2018. "European goods market integration in the very long run: from the Black Death to the First World War," Economic History Working Papers 87184, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Michael D. Bordo & Pierre Siklos, 2017. "Central Banks: Evolution and Innovation in Historical Perspective," Economics Working Papers 17105, Hoover Institution, Stanford University.
- Michael D. Bordo, 2017. "Allan Meltzer and the History of the Federal Reserve," Economics Working Papers 17107, Hoover Institution, Stanford University.
- de la Croix, David & Schneider, Eric B. & Weisdorf, Jacob, 2018. ""Decessit sine prole" - childlessness, celibacy, and survival of the richest in pre-industrial England," Economic History Working Papers 87153, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Fabrizio Filioli Uranio, 2016. "The Funding of the Papal Fleet in the War Against the Turks: Public Debt, New Taxes and Collection Problems (1526-1588)," Post-Print halshs-01728638, HAL.
- Don Bredin & Stilianos Fountas, 2018. "US Inflation and Inflation Uncertainty Over 200 Years," Discussion Paper Series 2018_04, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Apr 2018.
- Stefano Gagliarducci & Massimiliano Gaetano Onorato & Francesco Sobbrio & Guido Tabellini, 2018. "War of the Waves: Radio and Resistance During World War II," CESifo Working Paper Series 6923, CESifo Group Munich.
- Egbert, Henrik, 2018.
"Marcel Mauss und ökonomische Theorien: Die Institution Geld
[Marcel Mauss and Economic Theories: The Institution of Money]," MPRA Paper 85522, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gazeley, Ian & Holmes, Rose & Newell, Andrew T. & Reynolds, Kevin & Gutierrez Rufrancos, Hector, 2018. "Inequality among European Working Households, 1890-1960," IZA Discussion Papers 11355, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Michael D. Bordo, 2017. "The Second Era of Globalization Is Not yet Over: An Historical Perspective," Economics Working Papers 17103, Hoover Institution, Stanford University.
- Mario Chacon & Jeffrey Jensen, 2018. "De Facto Power, Democracy, and Taxation: Evidence from Military Occupation during Reconstruction," Working Papers 20180016, New York University Abu Dhabi, Department of Social Science, revised Jan 2018.
- Ramos-Toro, Diego, 2018. "Historical Conflict and Gender Disparities," MPRA Paper 85045, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Claire Lemercier, 2017. "Courts and the Funding of Business in Nineteenth-Century France," Working Papers hal-01699855, HAL.
- L. De Benedictis & V. Licio & AM. Pinna, 2018. "The long-term effects of the historical Roman road network: trade costs of Italian provinces," Working Paper CRENoS 201801, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Roger E A Farmer, 2018. "The Role of Financial Policy," National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) Discussion Papers 491, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Volckart, Oliver, 2018. "Technologies of money in the Middle Ages: the 'Principles of Minting'," Economic History Working Papers 87152, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Michael D. Bordo & Arunima Sinha, 2016. "A Lesson from the Great Depression that the Fed Might Have Learned: A Comparison of the 1932 Open Market Purchases with Quantitative Easing," Economics Working Papers 16113, Hoover Institution, Stanford University.
- Roses, Joan R. & Wolf, Nikolaus, 2018. "Regional economic development in Europe, 1900-2010: a description of the patterns," Economic History Working Papers 87242, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Macher, Flora, 2018. "The Austrian banking crisis of 1931: one bad apple spoils the whole bunch," Economic History Working Papers 87151, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Michael D. Bordo, 2017. "An Historical Perspective on the Quest for Financial Stability and the Monetary Policy Regime," Economics Working Papers 17108, Hoover Institution, Stanford University.
- Thu Dao & Frédéric Docquier & Mathilde Maurel & Pierre Schaus, 2018. "Global Migration in the 20th and 21st Centuries: the Unstoppable Force of Demography," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01743799, HAL.
- Natalia A. Tuliakova, 2018. "Predanie, Legenda, Skazanie: Three Generic Labels in Vladimir Odoevsky’s Works," HSE Working papers WP BRP 26/LS/2018, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Scott A. Carson, 2018. "The 19th Centure Net Nutrition Transition from Free to Bound Labor: A Difference-in-Decompositions Approach," CESifo Working Paper Series 6932, CESifo Group Munich.
- Nicholas Oulton, 2018. "The UK (and Western) Productivity Puzzle: Does Arthur Lewis Hold the Key?," Discussion Papers 1809, Centre for Macroeconomics (CFM).
- Deepankar Basu, 2018. "Marx's Analysis of Ground-Rent: Theory, Examples and Applications," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2018-04, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Timothy Kane, 2017. "Presidents and the US Economy from 1949 to 2016," Economics Working Papers 17101, Hoover Institution, Stanford University.
- Vasilios Plakandaras & Rangan Gupta & Luis A. Gil-Alana & Mark E. Wohar, 2018. "Are BRICS Exchange Rates Chaotic?," Working Papers 201822, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Hyunju Lee & Alessandra Fogli, 2017. "A Take of Two Americas: the Evolution of Innovation Networks across US Cities," 2017 Meeting Papers 1630, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Fabrizio Filioli Uranio & Gaetano Sabatini, 2017.
"Identity, Value, Price: A New Approach of Analysis and Comparaison for the Market of Slaves in Early Modern Naples
[Identità, valore, prezzo: nuove proposte di analisi e comparazione sul mercato de," Post-Print halshs-01728641, HAL.
- Martin Shubik, 2018. "The Paradox of Competition: Power, Markets, and Money - Who Gets What, When, How?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 2118R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Velde, Francois R., 2018. "The Neapolitan Banks in the Context of Early Modern Public Banks," Working Paper Series WP-2018-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Michael D. Bordo & Andrew T. Levin, 2017. "Central Bank Digital Currency And The Future Of Monetary Policy," Economics Working Papers 17104, Hoover Institution, Stanford University.
- Angel de la Fuente & Rafael Doménech, 2018. "El nivel educativo de la población en España y sus regiones: actualización hasta 2016.(RegDatEdu_v50_1960_2016)," Studies on the Spanish Economy eee2018-07, FEDEA.
- Henrik Egbert, 2018. "The Gift and Open Science," Bulgarian Economic Papers (www.bep.bg) bep-2018-04, St Kliment Ohridski University of Sofia, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration / Center for Economic Theories and Policies, revised Apr 2018.
- Fabrizio Filioli Uranio, 2016. "El Estado Pontificio como Fiscal-Military State: consideraciones económicas, financieras y sociales sobre el armamento de galeras en los siglos XVI y XVII," Post-Print halshs-01728640, HAL.
- Nidhi Kaushal & Sanjit Mishra, 2017. "The Power of Beliefs in Conventional Approach of Management Studies," Working papers 002, Research Association for Interdisciplinary Studies.
- Trajtemberg, David & Pontoni, Gabriela A., 2017. "Estructura, dinámica y vigencia de los convenios colectivos de trabajo sectoriales del ámbito privado (1975-2014)," Nülan. Deposited Documents 2865, Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Sociales, Centro de Documentación.
- Mark A. Carlson & Matthew Jaremski, 2018. "Liquidity Requirements, Free-Riding, and the Implications for Financial Stability Evidence from the Early 1900s," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2018-018, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Adriel Jost, 2018. "Cultural Differences in Monetary Policy Preferences," Working Papers 2018-02, Swiss National Bank.