Report NEP-HIS-2015-06-20This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo BÃ¡tiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Jaco Zuijderduijn & Roos van Oosten, 2015. "Breaking the piggy bank: What can historical and archaeological sources tell us about late-medieval saving behaviour?," Working Papers 0065, Utrecht University, Centre for Global Economic History.
- Carlos Rodríguez Braun, 2015.
"Piketty misreads Austen and ignores Smith
[Piketty malinterpreta a Jane Austen e ignora a Adam Smith]," Documentos de trabajo de la Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales 15-04, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales.
- Jakob B. Madsen & Antonio Minniti & Francesco Venturini, 2015. "Assessing Piketty’s laws of capitalism," Monash Economics Working Papers 34-15, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- MAVEYRAUD Samuel, 2015. "The international contagion of short-run interest rates during the Great Depression," Cahiers du GREThA 2015-11, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Ventura, Jaume & Voth, Hans-Joachim, 2015. "Debt into Growth: How Sovereign Debt accelerated the First Industrial Revolution," CEPR Discussion Papers 10652, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Till Dueppe & E. Roy Weintraub, 2015. "Losing Equilibrium: On the Existence of Abraham Wald’s Fixed-Point Proof of 1935," Center for the History of Political Economy Working Paper Series 2015-4, Center for the History of Political Economy.
- Bas van Bavel & Daniel Curtis, 2015. "Better understanding disasters by better using history: Systematically using the historical record as one way to advance research into disasters," Working Papers 0068, Utrecht University, Centre for Global Economic History.
- Klein, Alexander & Crafts, Nicholas, 2015. "Agglomeration Economies and Productivity Growth : U.S. Cities, 1880-1930," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 235, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Warren E. Weber, 2015. "Government and Private E-Money-Like Systems: Federal Reserve Notes and National Bank Notes," Staff Working Papers 15-18, Bank of Canada.
- Valerij Gouschin, 2015. "Democracy and Aristocracy in Ancient Athens: Deformation or Adaptation," HSE Working papers WP BRP 101/HUM/2015, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Nicholas Apergis & Christina Christou & Rangan Gupta & Stephen M. Miller, 2015. "Convergence in Income Inequality: Further Evidence from the Club Clustering Methodology across the U.S. States," Working Papers 201539, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Saito, Osamu & Takashima, Masanori, 2015. "Population, urbanisation and farm output in early modern Japan, 1600-1874: a review of data and benchmark estimates," RCESR Discussion Paper Series DP15-3, Research Center for Economic and Social Risks, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Jacob T. Levy, 2015. "Corps Intermédiaires, Civil Society, and the Art of Association," NBER Working Papers 21254, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mulaj, Isa, 2015. "The Battle of Gallipoli/Çanakkale was Ottoman Albanian and German," MPRA Paper 65032, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eoin McLaughlin & Paul Sharp, 2015. "Competition between organisational forms in Danish and Irish dairying around the turn of the twentieth century," Working Papers 2015-16, University of St. Andrews, Department of Geography and Sustainable Development.
- Clara Elisabetta Mattei, 2015. "Austerity and Repressive Politics: Italian Economists in the Early Years of the Fascist Government," LEM Papers Series 2015/17, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Jaremski, Matthew & Wheelock, David C., 2015. "Banker Preferences, Interbank Connections, and the Enduring Structure of the Federal Reserve System," Working Papers 2015-11, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, revised 16 Aug 2016.
- Matthew T. Panhans & John D. Singleton, 2015. "The Empirical Economist's Toolkit: From Models to Methods," Center for the History of Political Economy Working Paper Series 2015-3, Center for the History of Political Economy.
- Saito, Osamu & Takashima, Masanori, 2015. "Estimating the shares of secondary- and tertiary-sector output in the age of early modern growth: the case of Japan, 1600-1874," RCESR Discussion Paper Series DP15-4, Research Center for Economic and Social Risks, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Anderson, Richard G. & Bordo, Michael D. & Duca, John V., 2015. "Money and velocity during financial crises: from the Great Depression to the Great Recession," Working Papers 1503, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, revised 01 May 2015.
- Item repec:cep:stieop:57 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Ana Tur-Prats, 2015. "Family types and intimate-partner violence: A historical perspective," Economics Working Papers 1486, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Michael Spackman, 2017. "Social discounting: the SOC/STP divide," GRI Working Papers 182, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- MEISSNER Christopher & BECUWE Stéphane & BLANCHETON Bertrand, 2015. "France’s international insertion strategy in globalization in long run perspective 1836-1938," Cahiers du GREThA 2015-18, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Christopher Hoag, 2015. "Clearinghouse Loan Certificates as Interbank Loans," Working Papers 1504, Trinity College, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2015.
- Scott Fulford & Ivan Petkov & Fabio Schiantarelli, 2015. "Does It Matter Where You Came From? Ancestry Composition and Economic Performance of U.S. Counties, 1850-2010," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 875, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 02 Feb 2017.
- Muriel Dal-Pont Legrand & Harald Hagemann, 2015. "Can Recessions be 'Productive'? Schumpeter and the Moderns," GREDEG Working Papers 2015-23, Groupe de REcherche en Droit, Economie, Gestion (GREDEG CNRS), University of Nice Sophia Antipolis.
- Lional Frost & Luc Borrowman & Abdel K. Halabi, 2015. "Stadiums and Scheduling: Measuring Deadweight Losses in Professional Sports Leagues, 1920-1970," Monash Economics Working Papers 07-15, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Marcella Alsan & Claudia Goldin, 2015. "Watersheds in Infant Mortality: The Role of Effective Water and Sewerage Infrastructure, 1880 to 1915," NBER Working Papers 21263, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Branko Mihailovic, Drago Cvijanovic, Zoran Simonovic, 2015. "Role Of Business Ethics In Management Of Human Resources," Ekonomika, Journal for Economic Theory and Practice and Social Issues 2015-01, „Ekonomika“ Society of Economists, Niš (Serbia).
- Marsay, David, 2015. "Decision-making under radical uncertainty: An interpretation of Keynes' Treatise," Economics Discussion Papers 2015-43, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Eduardo A. Haddad & Jesús P. Mena-Chalco, Otavio J. G. Sidone, 2015. "Scholarly Collaboration in Regional Science in Developing Countries: The Case of the Brazilian REAL Network," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2015_12, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- George McMillan, 2015. "An Overarching Model For The Micro And Macro Psychological And Social Sciences," Proceedings of International Academic Conferences 2504062, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Charles Angelucci & Simone Meraglia, 2015. "Trade, Law and Order, and Political Liberties: Theory and Application to English Medieval Boroughs," Discussion Papers 1509, Exeter University, Department of Economics.
- Wenli Cheng & Yongzheng Wu, 2015. "Income inequality in China: Testing the Kuznets Hypothesis with National Time Series and Provincial Panel Data 1978-2011," Monash Economics Working Papers 32-15, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Slobodan Cvetanovic, Danijela Despotovic, Milorad Filipovic, 2015. "The Concept Of Social Capital In Economic Theory," Ekonomika, Journal for Economic Theory and Practice and Social Issues 2015-01, „Ekonomika“ Society of Economists, Niš (Serbia).