Report NEP-HIS-2014-05-09This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo Batiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Turner, John D., 2014. "Financial history and financial economics," QUCEH Working Paper Series 14-03, Queen's University Belfast, Queen's University Centre for Economic History.
- Murphy, Anne L., 2014. "Making the market: Trading debt at the Eighteenth-Century Bank of England," eabh Papers 14-05, The European Association for Banking and Financial History (EABH).
- Pablo Martín-Aceña & Inés Roldán de Montaud, 2014. "A Colonial Bank under Spanish and American Sovereignty: The Banco Español de Puerto Rico, 1888-1913," Documentos de Trabajo (DT-AEHE) 1410, Asociacion Espa–ola de Historia Economica.
- Andrew Clarke & Mikal Skuterud, 2014. "Immigrant Skill Selection and Utilizatin: A Comparative Analysis of Australia, Canada, and the United States," Working Papers 1404, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2014.
- Roy E. Bailey & Timothy J. Hatton & Kris Inwood, 2014. "Health, Height and the Household at the Turn of the 20th Century," CEH Discussion Papers 029, Centre for Economic History, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Warren E. Weber, 2014. "The Efficiency of Private E-Money-Like Systems: The U.S. Experience with State Bank Notes," Staff Working Papers 14-15, Bank of Canada.
- Salvatore Morelli, 2014. "Banking Crises in the US: the Response of Top Income Shares in a Historical Perspective," CSEF Working Papers 359, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Strulik, Holger & Werner, Katharina, 2014. "Elite education, mass education, and the transition to modern growth," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 205, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Ying Fang & Yang Zhao, 2013. "Do Institutions Matter? Estimating the Effect of Institutions on Econo- mic Performance in China," WISE Working Papers 2013-10-14, Wang Yanan Institute for Studies in Economics (WISE), Xiamen University.
- Michael Fritsch & Michael Wyrwich, 2014. "The Effect of Regional Entrepreneurship Culture on Economic Development - Evidence for Germany," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1411, Utrecht University, Section of Economic Geography, revised Apr 2014.
- Michele Gradoli, 2014. "International Trade as an Instrument to Consolidate Peace and Stability in the Mediterranean Area," SERMED 2014 Conference Papers p19, Instituto Universitario de Análisis Económico y Social.
- Mikio Ito & Kiyotaka Maeda & Akihiko Noda, 2014. "The Futures Premium and Rice Market Efficiency in Prewar Japan," Papers 1404.5381, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2016.
- Elise S. Brezis & Thierry Verdier, 2014. "Geography, Economics and Political Systems: A Bird’s Eye View," Working Papers 2014-04, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Odran Bonnet & Pierre-Henri Bono & Guillaume Chapelle & Etienne Wasmer, 2014. "Does housing capital contribute to inequality? A comment on Thomas Piketty’s Capital in the 21st Century," Sciences Po publications 2014-07, Sciences Po.
- Dauth, Wolfgang & Suedekum, Jens, 2014. "Globalization and local profiles of economic growth and industrial change," DICE Discussion Papers 142, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).