Report NEP-HIS-2009-04-25This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo Batiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Steven Nafziger, 2008. "Democracy Under the Tsars? The Case of the Zemstvo," Department of Economics Working Papers 2008-23, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Hart, Robert A, 2009. "Above and beyond the call. Long-term real earnings effects of British male military conscription during WWII and the post-war years," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2009-09, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Daniel M. Bernhofen & John C. Brown, 2009. "Testing the General Validity of the Heckscher-Ohlin Theorem: The Natural Experiment of Japan," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd09-058, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- John H. Munro, 2009. "Warfare, Liquidity Crises, and Coinage Debasements in Burgundian Flanders, 1384 - 1482: Monetary or Fiscal Remedies?," Working Papers tecipa-355, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Voigtländer, Nico & Voth, Hans-Joachim, 2009. "The Three Horsemen of Growth: Plague, War and Urbanization in Early Modern Europe," CEPR Discussion Papers 7275, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Drelichman, Mauricio & Voth, Hans-Joachim, 2009. "Lending to the Borrower from Hell: Debt and Default in the Age of Philip II, 1556-1598," CEPR Discussion Papers 7276, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ravi Kanbur, 2009. "ListenÂ UpÂ Economists, WhyÂ MightÂ HistoryÂ MatterÂ forÂ DevelopmentÂ Policy?," Working Papers id:1897, eSocialSciences.
- Leo F. Goodstadt, 2009. "A Fragile Prosperity: Government Policy and the Management of Hong Kong's Economic and Social Development," Working Papers 012009, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- René Sandretto, 2009. "Fran ois Perroux, a precursor of the current analyses of power," Working Papers 0904, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique (GATE), Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS), Université Lyon 2, Ecole Normale Supérieure.
- Maixe-Altes, J. Carles, 2008.
"Americanización y consumo de masas, la distribución alimentaria en España, 1947-2007
[Americanization and mass consumption, the distribution of food in Spain, 1947 - 2007]," MPRA Paper 14786, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Catherine R. Schenk, 2009. "The Evolution of the Hong Kong Currency Board During Global Exchange Rate Instability: Evidence from the Exchange Fund Advisory Committee 1967-1973," Working Papers 022009, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Juan Carlos Echeverry & Jaime Navas & Verónica Navas & María Paula Gómez, 2009. "Oil in Colombia: History, Regulation and Macroeconomic Impact," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 005428, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Jonathan Rodden, 2009. "Federalism and Inter-Regional Redistribution," Working Papers 2009/3, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Brezis, Elise S. & Kim, Heeho, 2009. "Was the Korean slave market efficient?," MPRA Paper 14735, University Library of Munich, Germany.