Report NEP-HIS-2008-11-11This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo Batiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Milan Sojic & Ljiljana Djurdjevic, 2008. "Monetary Policy Objectives and Istruments used by the Privileged National Bank of the Kingdom of Serbia (1884 - 1914)," Working Papers 87, Bank of Greece.
- Sophia Lazaretou, 2008. "Banking and Central Banking in Pre-WWII Grecce: Money and Currency Developments," Working Papers 86, Bank of Greece.
- Yuksel Gormez, 2008. "Banking in Turkey: History and Evolution," Working Papers 83, Bank of Greece.
- Mark B. Greenlee, 2008. "Historical review of “umbrella supervision” by the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System," Working Papers (Old Series) 0807, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, revised 2008.
- George Virgil Stoenescu & Elisabeta Blejan & Brindusa Costache & Adriana Iarovici Aloman, 2008. "The National Bank of Romania and its Isuue of Banknotes between Necessity and Possibility, 1880 - 1914," Working Papers 88, Bank of Greece.
- Michael D. Bordo, 2008. "Growing up to Financial Stability," Working Papers 85, Bank of Greece.
- David C. Wheelock, 2008. "Government response to home mortgage distress: lessons from the Great Depression," Working Papers 2008-038, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Kliti Ceca & Kelmend Rexha & Elsida Orhan, 2008. "Banking and Finance in South - Eastern Europe: The Albanian Case," Working Papers 84, Bank of Greece.
- Luis Ignacio Jácome, 2008. "Central Bank Involvement in Banking Crises in Latin America," IMF Working Papers 08/135, International Monetary Fund.
- Bruno S. Frey & Benno Torgler, 2008. "Politicians: Be Killed or Survive," IEW - Working Papers 391, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Besana, Angela, 2008. "The "De Medici New Generation": The Italian Foundations' Collections and Philanthropy in the Third Millennium," MPRA Paper 11215, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Louis Putterman & David N. Weil, 2008. "Post-1500 Population Flows and the Long Run Determinants of Economic Growth and Inequality," NBER Working Papers 14448, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lakshmi Iyer, 2005. "Direct versus Indirect Colonial Rule in India: Long-term Consequences," Harvard Business School Working Papers 05-041, Harvard Business School, revised Nov 2008.
- Dora L. Costa, 2008. "The Rise of Retirement Among African Americans: Wealth and Social Security Effects," NBER Working Papers 14462, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.