Report NEP-HIS-2008-03-15This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo Batiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- David Galenson, 2008. "Language in Visual Art: The Twentieth Century," NBER Working Papers 13845, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2008. "Globalization and the Great Divergence: Terms of Trade Booms and Volatility in the Poor Periphery 1782-1913," NBER Working Papers 13841, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carsten Burhop, 2008. "Pharmaceutical research in Wilhelmine Germany: The case of E. Merck," Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2008_03, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Enriqueta Camps, 2008. "Children's work in Spanish textiles during the 19th and 20th Centuries," Economics Working Papers 1073, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Scheltjens, Werner, 2007. "Logistics in early-modern Europe: A discussion of specialization, flexibility and efficiency in the activities of the Dutch shipping community in the eighteenth century," MPRA Paper 7688, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jorge Martinez-Vazquez & Benno Torgler, 2007. "The Evolution of Tax Morale in Modern Spain," Working Papers 03-2007, Institute of Local Public Finance.
- Roman Hagelstein, 2008. "Explaining the Violence Pattern of the Algerian Civil War," HiCN Working Papers 43, Households in Conflict Network.
- Farley Grubb, 2008. "Testing for the Economic Impact of the U.S. Constitution: Purchasing Power Parity across the Colonies versus across the States, 1748-1811," NBER Working Papers 13836, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chiswick, Barry R., 2008. "The Rise and Fall of the American Jewish PhD," IZA Discussion Papers 3384, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Tanika Chakraborty & Sukkoo Kim, 2008. "Caste, Kinship and Sex Ratios in India," NBER Working Papers 13828, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tandefelt, Marika, 2008. "Reklamsvenska i Finland speglad genom varuhuset Stockmanns tidningsannonser under det 20e seklet - Swedish Advertising Language in Finland Mirrored by the Newspaper Advertisements of the Stockmanns De," Working Papers 535, Hanken School of Economics.
- Samuel Amaral, 2008. "El líder y las masas: fascismo y peronismo en Gino Germani," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 371, Universidad del CEMA.
- Canaday, Neil & Tamura, Robert, 2007. "White discrimination in provision of black education: plantations and towns," MPRA Paper 7723, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Timothy J. Hatton & Richard M. Martin, 2008. "The Effects on Stature of Poverty, Family Size and Birth Order: British Children in the 1930s," CEPR Discussion Papers 572, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Paul Heaton, 2008. "Childhood Educational Disruption and Later Life Outcomes: Evidence from Prince Edward County," Working Papers 552, RAND Corporation.