Report NEP-HIS-2008-02-16This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo Batiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Douglas W. Allen & Yoram Barzel, 2007. "The Evolution of Criminal Law and Police," Working Papers UWEC-2008-01, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Schiltz, Michael, 2007. "‘Separating the Roots of the Chrysanthemum’: Nishihara Kamezō and the Abortive China Loans, 1917-18," MPRA Paper 7100, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John Tang, 2008. "Financial Intermediation and Late Development: The Case of Meiji Japan, 1868 to 1912," Working Papers 08-01, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Willem Boshoff & Johan Fourie, 2008. "Explaining ship traffic fluctuations in the early Cape settlement: 1652–1793," Working Papers 01/2008, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Schiltz, Michael, 2007. "'As Close as Lips and Teeth' The Daiichi Ginkō and Megata Tanetarō in Korea," MPRA Paper 7099, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michael D. Bordo & Harold James, 2008. "A Long Term Perspective on the Euro," NBER Working Papers 13815, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leah Platt Boustan, 2008. "Competition in the Promised Land: Black Migration and Racial Wage Convergence in the North, 1940-1970," NBER Working Papers 13813, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philip Strahan, 2008. "Liquidity Production in 21st Century Banking," NBER Working Papers 13798, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nikitina, Larisa & Furuoka, Fumitaka, 2008. "Ancien régime of Japan’s foreign aid policy: Main characteristics of Japan’s aid administration system before its reforms," MPRA Paper 7046, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mark A. Carlson, 2008. "Alternatives for distressed banks and the panics of the Great Depression," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2008-07, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Caroline Gerschlager, 2008. "Foolishness and identity: Amartya Sen and Adam Smith," DULBEA Working Papers 08-03.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- David Laidler, 2008. "The Case for Price Stability, Then and Now: A Retrospective Note on John W. Crow's 1988 Eric J. Hanson Memorial Lecture," University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute Working Papers 20081, University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute.