Report NEP-HAP-2008-05-31This is the archive for NEP-HAP, a report on new working papers in the area of Economics of Happiness. Viviana Di Giovinazzo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Thesia I. Garner & Katherine S. Short, 2008. "Creating a Consistent Poverty Measure Over Time Using NAS Procedures: 1996-2005," Working Papers 417, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Saint-Paul, Gilles, 2008. "Genes, Legitimacy and Hypergamy: Another Look at the Economics of Marriage," CEPR Discussion Papers 6828, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Salvanes, Kjell G & Propper, Carol & Monstad, Karin, 2008. "Education and Fertility: Evidence from a Natural Experiment," CEPR Discussion Papers 6816, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Markus Schaffner & Benno Torgler, 2008. "Meet the Joneses: An Empirical Investigation of Reference Groups in Relative Income Position Comparisons," CREMA Working Paper Series 2008-13, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Haan, Peter & Prowse, Victoria L. & Uhlendorff, Arne, 2008. "Employment Effects of Welfare Reforms: Evidence from a Dynamic Structural Life-Cycle Model," IZA Discussion Papers 3480, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Krueger, Alan B. & Mueller, Andreas I., 2008. "The Lot of the Unemployed: A Time Use Perspective," IZA Discussion Papers 3490, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Fräßdorf, Anna & Grabka, Markus M. & Schwarze, Johannes, 2008. "The Impact of Household Capital Income on Income Inequality: A Factor Decomposition Analysis for Great Britain, Germany and the USA," IZA Discussion Papers 3492, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Halfdanarson, Benedikt & Heuermann, Daniel F. & Suedekum, Jens, 2008. "Human Capital Externalities and the Urban Wage Premium: Two Literatures and their Interrelations," IZA Discussion Papers 3493, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Barrett, Alan & McCarthy, Yvonne, 2008. "Immigrants and Welfare Programmes: Exploring the Interactions between Immigrant Characteristics, Immigrant Welfare Dependence and Welfare Policy," IZA Discussion Papers 3494, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- John Cawley & C. Katharina Spiess, 2008. "Obesity and Skill Attainment in Early Childhood," NBER Working Papers 13997, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tomas Philipson & Richard Posner, 2008. "Is the Obesity Epidemic a Public Health Problem? A Decade of Research on the Economics of Obesity," NBER Working Papers 14010, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Seema Jayachandran, 2008. "Air Quality and Early-Life Mortality: Evidence from Indonesia's Wildfires," NBER Working Papers 14011, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kathy Fogel & Randall Morck & Bernard Yeung, 2008. "Big Business Stability and Social Welfare," NBER Working Papers 14027, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernhard, Sarah & Gartner, Hermann & Stephan, Gesine, 2008. "Wage subsidies for needy job-seekers and their effect on individual labour market outcomes after the German reforms," IAB-Discussion Paper 200821, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Antonio Rodríguez & Sunny Collings & Ping Qin, 2008. "Socio-economic differences in suicide risk vary by sex : A population-based case-control study of 18-65 year olds in Denmark," Development Research Working Paper Series 05/2008, Institute for Advanced Development Studies.
- Alan Barrett & Yvonne McCarthy, 2008. "Immigrants and Welfare Programmes: Exploring the Interactions between Immigrant Characteristics, Immigrant Welfare Dependence and Welfare Policy," Papers WP238, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Bruce D. Meyer & James X. Sullivan, 2007. "Further Results on Measuring the Well-Being of the Poor Using Income and Consumption," Working Papers 0719, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago.
- Bruce D. Meyer & James X. Sullivan, 2007. "Consumption and Income Poverty for those 65 and Over," Working Papers 0721, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago.