Report NEP-GEO-2017-01-15This is the archive for NEP-GEO, a report on new working papers in the area of Economic Geography. Andreas Koch issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Areendam Chanda & Dachao Ruan, 2017. "Early Urbanization and the Persistence of Regional Disparities within Countries," Departmental Working Papers 2017-01, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Fichet de Clairfontaine, Aurélien & Hammer, Christoph, 2016. "Trade Costs and Income in European Regions: Evidence from a regional bilateral trade dataset," Department of Economics Working Paper Series 220, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Laura Alfaro & Maggie X. Chen, 2017. "Transportation Cost and the Geography of Foreign Investment," Harvard Business School Working Papers 17-061, Harvard Business School.
- McCoy, Daire & Lyons, Sean & Morgenroth, Edgar & Palcic, Donal & Allen, Leonie, 2016. "The impact of broadband and other infrastructure on the location of new business establishments," 27th European Regional ITS Conference, Cambridge (UK) 2016 148688, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Nathan Goldschlag & Julia Lane & Bruce Weinberg & Nikolas Zolas, 2017. "Proximity and Economic Activity: An Analysis of Vendor‐University Transactions," NBER Working Papers 23018, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ana Barufi & Eduardo Haddad & Peter Nijkamp, 2016. "A comprehensive analysis of the wage curve in Brazil: Non-linearities, urban size, and the spatial dimension," ERSA conference papers ersa16p279, European Regional Science Association.
- Wanzenböck, Iris & Piribauer, Philipp, 2015. "R&D networks and regional knowledge production in Europe. Evidence from a space-time model," Department of Economics Working Paper Series 207, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Ron Boschma, 2017. "Relatedness as driver behind regional diversification: a research agenda," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1702, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Jan 2017.
- Wan, Guanghua & Wang, Chen & Zhang, Xun, 2016. "Structural Change and Income Distribution: Accounting for Regional Inequality in the People’s Republic of China and Its Changes during 1952–2012," ADBI Working Papers 608, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Moises Lenyn Obaco Alvarez & Vicente Royuela & Xavier VÃtores, 2016. "Computing functional urban areas using a hierarchical travel time approach," ERSA conference papers ersa16p238, European Regional Science Association.
- Amit Batabyal & Peter Nijkamp, 2016. "Creative capital in production, inefficiency, and inequality: A theoretical analysis," ERSA conference papers ersa16p75, European Regional Science Association.
- Christopher Esposito & David Rigby, 2017. "When Buzz and Pipelines Fail," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1701, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Jan 2017.
- Weizeng Sun & Siqi Zheng & Yuming Fu, 2016. "Local Public Service Provision and Spatial Inequality in Chinese Cities," ERSA conference papers ersa16p799, European Regional Science Association.
- Charlie Karlsson & Sam Tavassoli, 2016. "The role of firms' location on persistency of various types of innovation," ERSA conference papers ersa16p154, European Regional Science Association.
- Ali-Yrkkö, Jyrki & Mattila, Juri & Seppälä, Timo, 2017. "Estonia in Global Value Chains," ETLA Reports 69, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.