Report NEP-GEO-2009-01-24This is the archive for NEP-GEO, a report on new working papers in the area of Economic Geography. Vassilis Monastiriotis issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Florida, Richard & Mellander, Charlotta & Stolarick, Kevin, 2009. "That’s Entertainment - scale and scope economies in the location and clustering of the entertainment economy," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 158, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Johan H.L. Oud & Henk Folmer & Roberto Patuelli & Peter Nijkamp, 2008. "Continuous-Time Modelling with Spatial Dependence," Working Paper Series 39-08, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, revised Oct 2010.
- Giesen, Kristian & Suedekum, Jens, 2009. "Zipf's Law for Cities in the Regions and the Country," IZA Discussion Papers 3928, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Niels Bosma & Erik Stam & Veronique Schutjens, 2009. "Creative Destruction and Regional Productivity Growth: Evidence from the Dutch Manufacturing and Services Industries," Jena Economic Research Papers 2009-003, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Wolfgang Polasek & Richard Sellner, 2008. "Spatial Chow-Lin Methods: Bayesian And Ml Forecast Comparisons," Working Paper Series 38-08, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, revised Jan 2008.
- Roberto Patuelli & Andrea Vaona & Christoph Grimpe, 2008. "The German East-West Divide in Knowledge Production: An Application to Nanomaterial Patenting," Working Paper Series 40-08, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, revised Aug 2010.
- Frédéric Rychen & Jean-Benoît Zimmermann, 2009. "Industrial Clusters and the Knowledge Based Economy : from open to distributed structures ?," Working Papers halshs-00353425, HAL.
- Rosella Nicolini, 2008. "Agglomeration and inequality across space: What can we learn from the European experience?," Working Papers wpdea0809, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- Björn Frank, 2009. "Clean Evidence on Face-to-Face: Why Experimental Economics is of Interest to Regional Economists," MAGKS Papers on Economics 200904, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Hiroshi Sato, 2009. "Growth of Villages in China, 1990-2002," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd08-023, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Rangan Gupta & Stephen M. Miller, 2009. "“Ripple Effects” and Forecasting Home Prices In Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and Phoenix," Working Papers 200901, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Dreger, Christian & Erber, Georg & Glocker, Daniela, 2009. "Regional Measures of Human Capital in the European Union," IZA Discussion Papers 3919, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michael Greenstone & Richard Hornbeck & Enrico Moretti, 2008. "Identifying Agglomeration Spillovers: Evidence from Million Dollar Plants," Working Paper Series 36-08, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, revised Jan 2008.
- Andrea BONFIGLIO, 2008. "Evaluating Implications of Agricultural Policies in a Rural Region through a CGE Analysis," Working Papers 328, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Robert Baumann & Bryan Engelhardt & Victor Matheson, 2009. "Hail to the Chief: Assessing the Economic Impact of Presidential Inaugurations on the Washington, D.C. Local Economy," Working Papers 0901, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Hanes, Niklas & Wikström, Magnus & Wångmar, Erik, 2009. "Municipal preferences for state imposed amalgamations: An empirical study based on the 1952 municipal reform in Sweden," Umeå Economic Studies 763, Umeå University, Department of Economics.