Report NEP-GEO-2008-12-07This is the archive for NEP-GEO, a report on new working papers in the area of Economic Geography. Vassilis Monastiriotis issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Ingrid Ott & Susanne Soretz, 2008. "Governmental activity, integration, and agglomeration," Kiel Working Papers 1465, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- John Hartwick & Michael Brolley, 2008. "Sunnier, Denser and More Productive Cities," Working Papers 1190, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Gebremeskel H. Gebremariam & Tesfa G. Gebremedhin & Peter V. Schaeffer & Randall W. Jackson, 2008. "A Simultaneous Spatial Panel Data Model of Regional Growth Variation: An Empirical Analysis of Employment, Income, Migration and Local Public Services," Working Papers e07-12, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Department of Economics.
- Gebremeskel H. Gebremariam & Tesfa G. Gebremedhin & Peter V. Schaeffer & Randall W. Jackson, 2008. "Modeling Regional Growth Spillovers: An Analysis of Employment Growth, Migration Behavior, Local Public Services and Household Income in Appalachia," Working Papers e07-13, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Department of Economics.
- Constantina Kottaridi, 2008. "Regional hierarchies and the location of hi-tech MNEs: the case of the pharmaceutical industry in the UK," Working Papers 031, University of Peloponnese, Department of Economics.
- Andersson, Martin & Noseleit, Florian, 2008. "Start-Ups and Employment Growth - Evidence from Sweden," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 155, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Kamila Fialová, 2008. "Wage Differentiation and Unemployment in the Districts of the Czech Republic," Working Papers IES 2008/33, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Nov 2008.
- Young-Bae Kim, 2008. "Is There A Trade-off Between Regional Growth and National Income? Theory and Evidence from the EU," School of Economics Discussion Papers 1008, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Jarno Hoekman & Koen Frenken & Frank van Oort, 2008. "Collaboration networks as carriers of knowledge spillovers: Evidence from EU27 regions," KITeS Working Papers 222, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Sep 2008.
- Joze P. Damijan & Crt Kostevc, 2008. "Trade liberalization and economic geography in transition countries: Can FDI explain the adjustment patterns of regional wages?," LICOS Discussion Papers 22208, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Nathaniel Baum-Snow & Byron Lutz, 2008. "School desegregation, school choice and changes in residential location patterns by race," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2008-57, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Parry, Ian W.H., 2008. "Pricing Urban Congestion," Discussion Papers dp-08-35, Resources For the Future.
- Machin, Stephen & Pelkonen, Panu & Salvanes, Kjell G., 2008. "Education and Mobility," IZA Discussion Papers 3845, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Robert F. Martin, 2008. "Housing market risks in the United Kingdom," International Finance Discussion Papers 954, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).