Report NEP-GEO-2008-07-30This is the archive for NEP-GEO, a report on new working papers in the area of Economic Geography. Vassilis Monastiriotis issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Krupka, Douglas J., 2008. "On Amenities, Natural Advantage and Agglomeration," IZA Discussion Papers 3598, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Chasco, Coro & López, Ana María, 2008. "Evolution of the influence of geography on the location of production in Spain (1930-2005)," MPRA Paper 9580, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Valter Di Giacinto & Marcello Pagnini, 2008. "Agglomeration within and between regions: Two econometric based indicators," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 674, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Michael Fritsch & Viktor Slavtchev, 2008. "How Does Industry Specialization Affect the Efficiency of Regional Innovation Systems?," Jena Economic Research Papers 2008-058, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Timothy J. Bartik & George Erickcek, 2007. "Higher Education, the Health Care Industry, and Metropolitan Regional Economic Development: What Can “Eds & Meds” Do for the Economic Fortunes of a Metro Area’s Residents?," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 08-140, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Steven C. Bourassa & Eva Cantoni & Martin Hoesli, 2008. "Predicting House Prices with Spatial Dependence: Impacts of Alternative Submarket Definitions," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 08-01, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Jan van der Borg & Antonio Russo, 2008. "Area Regeneration and Tourism Development. Evidence from Three European Cities," Working Papers 2008_21, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Edward L. Glaeser & Joseph Gyourko & Albert Saiz, 2008. "Housing Supply and Housing Bubbles," NBER Working Papers 14193, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William R. Kerr, 2008. "The Agglomeration of US Ethnic Inventors," Harvard Business School Working Papers 09-003, Harvard Business School.
- Michal Franta & Martin Guzi, 2008. "Unequal Access to Higher Education in the Czech Republic: The Role of Spatial Distribution of Universities," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp350, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economic Institute, Prague.
- Luca Stanca, 2008. "The Geography of Economics and Happiness," Working Papers 140, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2008.
- Nils Braakmann, 2008. "Crime does pay (at least when it’s violent)!– On the compensating wage differentials of high regional crime levels," Working Paper Series in Economics 91, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Caponi, Vincenzo, 2008. "Centralized Wage Determination and Regional Unemployment Differences: The Case of Italy," IZA Discussion Papers 3592, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- G. Garau & P. Lecca, 2008. "Impact Analysis of Regional Knowledge Subsidy: a CGE Approach," Working Paper CRENoS 200811, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Syed A. Basher & Josep Lluis Carrión-i-Silvestre, 2008. "Price level convergence, purchasing power parity and multiple structural breaks: An application to US cities," Working Papers XREAP2008-08, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Jul 2008.
- C. Katharina Spieß & Katharina Wrohlich, 2008. "Does Distance Determine Who Attends a University in Germany?," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 118, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Justina AV Fischer & Antonio Rodriguez-Andrés, 2008. "Political institutions and suicide: A regional analysis of Switzerland," TWI Research Paper Series 33, Thurgauer Wirtschaftsinstitut, Universität Konstanz.
- Marco Alderighi & Claudio A. Piga, 2008. "The Circular City with Heterogeneous Firms," Discussion Paper Series 2008_03, Department of Economics, Loughborough University, revised Jul 2008.