Report NEP-EDU-2013-06-16This is the archive for NEP-EDU, a report on new working papers in the area of Education. Joao Carlos Correia Leitao issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Wolbers M.H.J. & Velden R.K.W. van der & BÃ¼chner C.I.R., 2013. "Social background's effect on educational attainment: does method matter?," Research Memorandum 005, Maastricht University, Graduate School of Business and Economics (GSBE).
- Valente, Christine, 2013. "Education and civil conflict in Nepal," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6468, The World Bank.
- Gonzalo Castex & Evgenia Dechter, 2012. "The Changing Roles of Education and Ability in Wage Determination," Discussion Papers 2012-43, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Cortes, Kalena & Goodman, Joshua & Nomi, Takako, 2013. "Intensive Math Instruction and Educational Attainment: Long-Run Impacts of Double-Dose Algebra," Working Paper Series rwp13-009, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Roland G. Fryer, Jr, 2013. "Information and Student Achievement: Evidence from a Cellular Phone Experiment," NBER Working Papers 19113, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- World Bank, 2012. "Matching Aspirations : Skills for Implementing Cambodia's Growth Strategy," World Bank Other Operational Studies 13808, The World Bank.
- Cohodes, Sarah & Goodman, Joshua, 2013. "Merit Aid, College Quality and College Completion: Massachusetts' Adams Scholarship as an In-Kind Subsidy," Working Paper Series rwp13-005, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Furio Camillo Rosati & Jacobus de Hoop, 2013. "Does Promoting School Attendance Reduce Child Labour? Evidence from Burkina Faso’s Bright Project," CEIS Research Paper 282, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 14 May 2014.
- Jesper Bagger & Javier A. Birchenall & Hani Mansour & Sergio Urzúa, 2013. "Education, Birth Order, and Family Size," NBER Working Papers 19111, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stauvermann, Peter Josef & Kumar, Ronald, 2013. "Financing human capital development via government debt: a small country case using overlapping generations framework," MPRA Paper 47453, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ferdi Botha, 2013. "Life satisfaction and education in South Africa: Investigating the role of attainment and the likelihood of education as a positional good," Working Papers 349, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Allison Atteberry & Susanna Loeb & James Wyckoff, 2013. "Do First Impressions Matter? Improvement in Early Career Teacher Effectiveness," NBER Working Papers 19096, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.