Report NEP-EDU-2009-01-10This is the archive for NEP-EDU, a report on new working papers in the area of Education. Joao Carlos Correia Leitao issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- B.Venkatesh Kumar, 2008. "Reforming Higher Education: Issues before the Fifty Pay Commission," Working Papers id:1639, eSocialSciences.
- Neri, Marcelo Cortes, 2008. "Equity and Efficiency in Education: motivations and targets," Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 684, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Jason M. Fletcher & David Frisvold, 2008. "Higher Education and Health Investments: Does More Schooling Affect Preventive Health Care Use?," Emory Economics 0813, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Brezis, Elise S., 2008. "Is Privatization Necessary to achieve Quality of Universities?," MPRA Paper 12485, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Behrman, Jere R. & Hoddinott, John & Maluccio, John A. & Soler-Hampejsek, Erica & Behrman, Emily L. & Martorell, Reynaldo & Ramírez-Zea, Manuel & Stein, Aryeh D., 2008. "What determines adult cognitive skills?: Impacts of preschooling, schooling, and post-schooling experiences in Guatemala," IFPRI discussion papers 826, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Buchmann, Gabriel & Neri, Marcelo Cortes, 2008. "From dakar to Brasilia: monitoring unesco´s education goals," Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 685, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Stepan Jurajda & Daniel Munich, 2008. "Gender Gap in Admission Performance under Competitive Pressure," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp371, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Cynthia B. Lloyd, 2008. "Schooling and Adolescent Reproductive Behaviour in Developing Countries," Working Papers id:1365, eSocialSciences.
- Clayton Featherstone & Muriel Niederle, 2008. "Ex Ante Efficiency in School Choice Mechanisms: An Experimental Investigation," NBER Working Papers 14618, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kenneth Y. Chay & Jonathan Guryan & Bhashkar Mazumder, 2008. "Birth cohort and the black-white achievement gap: the role of health soon after birth," Working Paper Series WP-08-20, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Neal S Young & John P A Ioannidis & Omar Al-Ubaydli, 2008. "Why Current Publication May Distort Science," Working Papers id:1757, eSocialSciences.