Report NEP-DEV-2016-03-29This is the archive for NEP-DEV, a report on new working papers in the area of Development. Jacob A. Jordaan issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Joppe de Ree & Karthik Muralidharan & Menno Pradhan & Halsey Rogers, 2015. "Double for Nothing? Experimental Evidence on the Impact of an Unconditional Teacher Salary Increase on Student Performance in Indonesia," NBER Working Papers 21806, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gaurav Datt & Martin Ravallion & Rinku Murgai, 2016. "Growth, Urbanization and Poverty Reduction in India," NBER Working Papers 21983, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eli Berman & Mitch Downey & Joseph Felter, 2016. "Expanding Governance as Development: Evidence on Child Nutrition in the Philippines," NBER Working Papers 21849, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- VAN DEN BROECK, Goedele & MAERTENS, Miet, 2015. "Does Off-farm Employment Make Women in Rural Senegal Happy?," Working Papers 232593, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centre for Agricultural and Food Economics.
- Alberto Alesina & Benedetta Brioschi & Eliana La Ferrara, 2016. "Violence Against Women: A Cross-cultural Analysis for Africa," NBER Working Papers 21901, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yonson, Rio & Gaillard, J. C. & Noy, Ilan, 2016. "The measurement of disaster risk: An example from tropical cyclones in the Philippines," Working Paper Series 4979, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
- Juan Bonilla & Rosa Castro Zarzur & Sudhanshu Handa & Claire Nowlin & Amber Peterman & Hannah Ring & David Seidenfeld, 2016. "Cash for Women’s Empowerment? A Mixed-Methods Evaluation of the Government of Zambia’s Child Grant Programme," Papers inwopa796, Innocenti Working Papers.
- Ivo Bischoff & Ferry Prasetyia, 2015. "Determinants of local public expenditures on education: empirical evidence for Indonesian districts between 2005 and 2012," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201532, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Verena Kroth & Valentino Larcinese & Joachim Wehner, 2016. "A Better Life for All? Democratization and Electrification in Post-Apartheid South Africa," STICERD - Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers Series 60, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Argaw, Bethlehem A., 2016. "Quasi-experimental evidence on the effects of mother tongue-based education on reading skills and early labour market outcomes," ZEW Discussion Papers 16-016, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Abhijit Banerjee & Rema Hanna & Jordan C. Kyle & Benjamin A. Olken & Sudarno Sumarto, 2015. "Contracting out the Last-Mile of Service Delivery: Subsidized Food Distribution in Indonesia," NBER Working Papers 21837, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.