Report NEP-BIG-2019-04-08This is the archive for NEP-BIG, a report on new working papers in the area of Big Data. Tom CoupÃ© issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Alessandro Annoni & Peter Benczur & Paolo Bertoldi & Blagoj Delipetrev & Giuditta De Prato & Claudio Feijoo & Enrique Fernandez Macias & Emilia Gomez Gutierrez & Maria Iglesias Portela & Henrik Junkle, 2018. "Artificial Intelligence: A European Perspective," JRC Working Papers JRC113826, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Naude, Wim, 2019. "The race against the robots and the fallacy of the giant cheesecake: Immediate and imagined impacts of artificial intelligence," MERIT Working Papers 005, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Tawanda Chingozha & Dieter von Fintel, 2019. "Property rights, market access and crop cultivation in Southern Rhodesia: evidence from historical satellite data," Working Papers 03/2019, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Rosdyana Mangir Irawan Kusuma & Trang-Thi Ho & Wei-Chun Kao & Yu-Yen Ou & Kai-Lung Hua, 2019. "Using Deep Learning Neural Networks and Candlestick Chart Representation to Predict Stock Market," Papers 1903.12258, arXiv.org.
- Strittmatter, Anthony, 2019. "What Is the Value Added by Using Causal Machine Learning Methods in a Welfare Experiment Evaluation?," GLO Discussion Paper Series 336, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Luyang Chen & Markus Pelger & Jason Zhu, 2019. "Deep Learning in Asset Pricing," Papers 1904.00745, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2019.
- Jean-Benoît Eymeoud, 2018. "Housing and Discrimination in Economics: an Empirical Approach using Big Data and Natural Experiments," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/6afik52jg80, Sciences Po.
- Paweł Macias & Damian Stelmasiak, 2019. "Food inflation nowcasting with web scraped data," NBP Working Papers 302, Narodowy Bank Polski, Economic Research Department.
- Christoph Engel, 2019. "Estimating Heterogeneous Reactions to Experimental Treatments," Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2019_01, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Han, Y. & Li, V. & Lam, J., Pollitt, M. & Pollitt, M., 2019. "How BLUE is the Sky? Estimating the Air Quality Data in Beijing During the Blue Sky Day Period (2008-2012) by the Bayesian LSTM Approach," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1929, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Christian Duben & Melanie Krause, 2019. "Population, light, and the size distribution of cities," Working Papers 488, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Masayuki Kudamatsu, 2019. "Observing Economic Growth in Unrecognized States with Nighttime Light," OSIPP Discussion Paper 19E002, Osaka School of International Public Policy, Osaka University.
- Matveev, Aleksey (Матвеев, Алексей) & Andreev, Alexander (Андреев, Александр) & Zhizhin, Mikhail (Жижин, Михаил) & Poyda, Alexey (Пойда, Алексей) & Troussov, Alexander (Трусов, Александр), 2019.
"Detection of ship lights at sea
[Детектирование Судовых Огней На Море]," Working Papers 031958, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration.
- Juliane Begenau & Maryam Farboodi & Laura Veldkamp, 2018. "Big Data in Finance and the Growth of Large Firms," Working Papers 18-08, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Alexander Kindel & Vineet Bansal & Kristin Catena & Thomas Hartshorne & Kate Jaeger, 2018. "Improving metadata infrastructure for complex surveys: â€©Insights from the Fragile Families Challenge," Working Papers wp18-10-ff, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Research on Child Wellbeing..
- Montserrat Lopez-Cobo & Giuditta De Prato & Georgios Alaveras & Riccardo Righi & Sofia Samoili & Jiri Hradec & Lukasz Ziemba & Katarzyna Pogorzelska & Melisande Cardona, 2019. "Academic offer and demand for advanced profiles in the EU. Artificial Intelligence, High Performance Computing and Cybersecurity," JRC Working Papers JRC113966, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Hills, Thomas & Illushka Seresinhe, Chanuki & Proto, Eugenio & Sgroi, Daniel, 2019. "Historical Analysis of National Subjective Wellbeing using Millions of Digitized Books," CEPR Discussion Papers 13636, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.