Report NEP-BIG-2018-04-16This is the archive for NEP-BIG, a report on new working papers in the area of Big Data. Tom CoupÃ© issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Maximilian Schäfer & Geza Sapi & Szabolcs Lorincz, 2018. "The Effect of Big Data on Recommendation Quality: The Example of Internet Search," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1730, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Jagtiani, Julapa & Lemieux, Catharine, 2018. "The Roles of Alternative Data and Machine Learning in Fintech Lending: Evidence from the LendingClub Consumer Platform," Working Papers 18-15, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Prüfer, Jens & Dengler, Sebastian, 2018. "Consumers' Privacy Choices in the Era of Big Data," Discussion Paper 2018-012, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Maxim Pinkovskiy & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 2018. "Shining a Light on Purchasing Power Parities," NBER Working Papers 24419, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yusuke Oshima & Yoichi Matsubayashi, 2018. "Monetary Policy Communication of the Bank of Japan: Computational Text Analysis," Discussion Papers 1816, Graduate School of Economics, Kobe University.
- Daniel Kinn, 2018. "Reducing Estimation Risk in Mean-Variance Portfolios with Machine Learning," Papers 1804.01764, arXiv.org, revised Jul 2018.
- Alexei Botchkarev, 2018. "Evaluating Hospital Case Cost Prediction Models Using Azure Machine Learning Studio," Papers 1804.01825, arXiv.org, revised May 2018.
- Jyldyz Djumalieva & Antonio Lima & Cath Sleeman, 2018. "Classifying Occupations According to Their Skill Requirements in Job Advertisements," Economic Statistics Centre of Excellence (ESCoE) Discussion Papers ESCoE DP-2018-04, Economic Statistics Centre of Excellence (ESCoE).
- Paul Adeoye Omosebi & Adetunji Philip Adewole, 2018. "A Survey of Big Data Technologies and Internet of Things for Economic Growth and Sustainable Development," Working Papers 052, Centre for Econometric and Allied Research, University of Ibadan.
- YIN Deyun & MOTOHASHI Kazuyuki, 2018. "Inventor Name Disambiguation with Gradient Boosting Decision Tree and Inventor Mobility in China (1985-2016)," Discussion papers 18018, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Halford, Susan & Savage, Mike, 2017. "Speaking sociologically with big data: symphonic social science and the future for big data research," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 87236, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jakub Growiec, 2018. "The Digital Era, Viewed From a Perspective of Millennia of Economic Growth," Working Papers 2018-034, Warsaw School of Economics, Collegium of Economic Analysis.
- Arindrajit Dube & Jeff Jacobs & Suresh Naidu & Siddharth Suri, 2018. "Monopsony in Online Labor Markets," NBER Working Papers 24416, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Renda, Andrea, 2018. "Ethics, algorithms and self-driving cars – a CSI of the ‘trolley problem’," CEPS Papers 13361, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- G'abor Petneh'azi & J'ozsef G'all, 2018. "Exploring the predictability of range-based volatility estimators using RNNs," Papers 1803.07152, arXiv.org.
- Arjun R & Suprabha KR, 2018. "Predictive modeling of stock indices closing from web search trends," Papers 1804.01676, arXiv.org.
- Vegard Høghaug Larsen & Leif Anders Thorsrud, 2018. "Business cycle narratives," Working Papers No 6/2018, Centre for Applied Macro- and Petroleum economics (CAMP), BI Norwegian Business School.
- Gábor-Tóth, Enikő & Georgarakos, Dimitris, 2018. "Economic policy uncertainty and stock market participation," CFS Working Paper Series 590, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).