Report NEP-ARA-2010-10-09This is the archive for NEP-ARA, a report on new working papers in the area of MENA - Middle East & North Africa. Quentin Wodon issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Laurent Weill, 2010. "Do Islamic Banks Have Greater Market Power?," Working Papers 548, Economic Research Forum, revised Sep 2010.
- Abla Abdel-Latif & Hubert Schmitz, 2010. "The Politics of Investment and Growth in Egypt: Towards A New Approach," Working Papers 546, Economic Research Forum, revised Sep 2010.
- Wajih Khallouli & Modibo René Sandretto, 2010. "Testing for “contagion” of the subprime crisis on the Middle East and North African stock markets : A Markov Switching EGARCH approach," Working Papers 1022, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique (GATE), Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS), Université Lyon 2, Ecole Normale Supérieure.
- Nadia Belhaj Hassine, 2010. "Inequality of Opportunity in Egypt," Working Papers 549, Economic Research Forum, revised Sep 2010.
- Abdelkader Boudriga & Neila Boulila Taktak & Sana Jellouli, 2010. "Bank Specific, Business and Institutional Environment Determinants of Banks Nonperforming Loans: Evidence from MENA Countries," Working Papers 547, Economic Research Forum, revised Sep 2010.
- Nisreen Salti & Jad Chaaban, 2010. "The Political Economy of Attracting Public Funds: The Case of Lebanon," Working Papers 550, Economic Research Forum, revised Sep 2010.