Report NEP-AGE-2012-12-06This is the archive for NEP-AGE, a report on new working papers in the area of Economics of Ageing. Claudia Villosio issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Alan L. Gustman & Thomas L. Steinmeier & Nahid Tabatabai, 2012. "Mismeasurement of Pensions Before and After Retirement: The Mystery of the Disappearing Pensions with Implications for the Importance of Social Security as a Source of Retirement Support," NBER Working Papers 18542, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Elena Stancanelli, 2012. "Spouses' Retirement and Hours of Work Outcomes: Evidence from Twofold Regression Discontinuity," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 12074, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Matthew S. Rutledge, 2012. "Holding Out or Opting Out? Deciding Between Retirement and Disability Applications in Recessions," Working Papers, Center for Retirement Research at Boston College wp2012-26, Center for Retirement Research.
- William B.P. Robson & Alexandre Laurin, 2012. "Federal Employee Pension Reforms: First Steps - on a Much Longer Journey," e-briefs 140, C.D. Howe Institute.
- Frieder R. Lang & David Weiss & Denis Gerstorf & Gert G. Wagner, 2012. "Forecasting Life Satisfaction across Adulthood: Benefits of Seeing a Dark Future?," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 502, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Dalibor Eterovic & Nicolas Eterovic, 2012. "Separating the Wheat from the Chaff: Understanding Portfolio Returns in an Emerging Market," Working Papers wp_025, Adolfo Ibáñez University, School of Government.
- Elizabeth M. Caucutt & Thomas F. Cooley & Nezih Guner, 2012. "The Farm, the City, and the Emergence of Social Security," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 923.12, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Tindara Addabbo & Marco Fuscaldo & Anna Maccagnan, 2012. "Care and the Capability of Living a Healthy Life in a Gender Perspective," Center for the Analysis of Public Policies (CAPP) 0099, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia "Marco Biagi".
- Aoki, Reiko, 2012. "A Demographic Perspective on Japan’s “Lost Decades”," CIS Discussion paper series 576, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Hippolyte d'Albis & Loesse Jacques Esso & Héctor Pifarré i Arolas, 2012. "Mortality Convergence Across High-Income Countries: An Econometric Approach," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 12076, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Hiroshi Fujiki & Naohisa Hirakata & Etsuro Shioji, 2012. "Aging and Household Stockholdings: Evidence from Japanese Household Survey Data," IMES Discussion Paper Series 12-E-17, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- M. Cadoni & R. Melis & A. Trudda, 2012. "Financial crisis: a new measure for risk of pension funds assets," Working Paper CRENoS 201231, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Frank R. Lichtenberg, 2012. "The Effect of Pharmaceutical Innovation on Longevity: Patient-Level Evidence from the 1996-2002 Medical Expenditure Panel Survey and Linked Mortality Public-Use Files," NBER Working Papers 18552, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kahlenberg, Christoph & Spermann, Alexander, 2012. "How Could Germany Escape the Demographic Trap?," IZA Policy Papers 48, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Spagnolo, Giancarlo & Bergman, Mats A. & Lundberg, Sofia, 2012. "Privatization and Quality: Evidence from Elderly Care in Sweden," SITE Working Paper Series 19, Stockholm Institute of Transition Economics, Stockholm School of Economics.
- E. J. Wilson & K. Jayanthakumaran & R. Verma, 2012. "Demographics, Labor Mobility, and Productivity," Development Economics Working Papers 23348, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.