Report NEP-AFR-2015-01-03This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Sam Sarpong issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Chiripanhura, Blessing M. & Nino-Zarazua, Miguel, 2014. "Aid, political business cycles and growth in Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series 145, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Arndt, Channing & Davies, Rob & Gabriel, Sherwin & Makrelov, Konstantin & Merven, Bruno, 2014. "An integrated approach to modelling energy policy in South Africa: Evaluating carbon taxes and electricity import restrictions," WIDER Working Paper Series 135, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Gradin, Carlos, 2014. "Poverty and ethnicity among black South Africans," WIDER Working Paper Series 113, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Houngbonon, Georges Vivien & Bauer, Arthur & Ndiaye, Abdoulaye & Champagne, Clara & Yokossi, Tite, 2014. "Assessing the inclusiveness of growth in Africa: Evidence from Cameroon, Senegal, and Tanzania," WIDER Working Paper Series 120, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Marinov, Eduard, 2014. "Economic Integration in Africa – Overview, Progress and Challenges," MPRA Paper 60317, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bessler, David & Kibriya, Shahriar & Chen, Junyi & Price, Ed, 2014. "On Forecasting Conflict in Sudan: 2009-2012," MPRA Paper 60069, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abdul-Gafaru Abdulai & Sam Hickey, 2014. "Rethinking the politics of development in Africa? How the 'political settlement' shapes resource allocation in Ghana," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series esid-038-14, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Asongu Simplice, 2014. "The questionable economics of development assistance in Africa: hot-fresh evidence, 1996-2010," Working Papers 14/020, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Oasis Kodila-Tedika & Simplice Asongu & Julio Mukendi Kayembe, 2014. "Middle class in Africa: Determinants and Consequences," Working Papers 14/026, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Fink, Günther & Jack, Kelsey & Masiye, Felix, 2014. "Seasonal Credit Constraints and Agricultural Labor Supply: Evidence from Zambia," IZA Discussion Papers 8657, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marie-Laurence Flahaux & Cris Beauchemin & Bruno Schoumaker, 2014. "From Europe to Africa: Return migration to Senegal and the DRC," Population and Societies 515, Institut National d'Études Démographiques (INED).
- Beaman, Lori & Karlan, Dean S. & Thuysbaert, Bram, 2014. "Saving for a (not so) Rainy Day: A Randomized Evaluation of Savings Groups in Mali," CEPR Discussion Papers 10206, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Crépon, Bruno & Devoto, Florencia & Duflo, Esther & Parienté, William, 2014. "Estimating the impact of microcredit on those who take it up: Evidence from a randomized experiment in Morocco," CEPR Discussion Papers 9984, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Simplice Anutechia Asongu, 2014. "Knowledge Economy Gaps, Policy Syndromes and Catch-up Strategies: Fresh South Korean Lessons to Africa," AAYE Policy Research Working Paper Series 14_026, Association of African Young Economists, revised Dec 2014.
- Mulatu F. Zehirun & Marthinus C. Breitenbach & Francis Kemegue, 2014. "Monetary Integration in SADC: Assessment of Policy Coordination and Real Effective Exchange Rate Stability," Working Papers 201473, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.